1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Pistons 1198r

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Boukekoppejan, Jun 4, 2018.

1. hi!

Just another question; now i have Some r parts on nu engine i want to expend this further with Some other r parts. I have the possibility to buy r pistons from a 1198r and this is changeble with my oem pistons. Do you if these bigger pistons with a lager compression makes more sound?

Thx

2. Lager is lower, , nu , I think new? En de rest snappen ze wel, groetjes

3. if you are going to change piston i would go for pistal HC 1098R ones with single compression ring...

4. Your have to change the rods to due to the weight I believe.

5. nah, you can get drop in pistons that go into both 1198 and 1098R 106 bore and either two compression ring or one..

ideally you want to balance crank rods pistons rings bearings gudgeon pins circles etc etc as a matched set...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Thx, that was a auto correction;)

7. What will be the difference with one or two rings except the numbers:blush:

The pistons are from brand pistal.

8. I was wondering if it makes more sound because it has a bigger compression or? Because i don’t want to make it louder, it is loud enough

9. life expectancy.... in theory the single compression ring are more 'race' orientated

10. No worries, annoying, my phone doesn’t like Dutch lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information