1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 4

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by "Its_just_a_ride", Oct 10, 2018.

1. I've seen a few folk post the odd thing about bike games on here. Me and my son have bought a PS4, does anyone have any recommendations for motorsport games or other 'must have' titles? Boy just plays Minecraft all the time which as far as I can tell is like virtual Lego that you cant step on in bare feet.
    I've been playing Spiderman which has shown me how much games have advanced in the last 20 years.

I did try speaking to the people in the shop but I got the same feeling as when I watch University Challenge i.e. no firkin clue what they were on about. Plus I was distracted by the people being served at the next till along who were buying some kind of futuristic virtual currency to spend on imaginary things on the internet via their games console.

If anyone can recommend a forum with grown ups on it that can help with the million other questions I have that'd also be great!

Cheers.

2. Driveclub. That is all you need.

• Thanks Thanks x 1

3. I've been on rllmuk since 2004, it's primarily a gaming site but there are threads on just about anything, including 'the motorcycle inquiries'.

AV forums has gaming sections too, that is a good place for knowledge.

What else do you want to know? Under this rock n roll exterior i'm a super geek :bucktooth:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Get that TT game mate

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yeah The
    TT game , motogp 18 and Ride

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. TT Isle of Man

• Like Like x 3
  7. So many years wasted gaming....online gaming, mic up and talk drunken shite to the Americans.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cheers. Looks like a moderately expensive weekend ahead!

The main question I have are around the online stuff in relation to the kids. I've got all the parental controls set up but don't want to spoil the fun for the kids if there's a way they can play online (minecraft im thinking) without learning too many new words and phrases too soon

9. The main problem with motorcycle games is the handling. Its good, but damn hard and not super realistic. You'll soon tire of it. The cars (especially Driveclub) is fantastic, each one handles differently to the last, with the exact engine note as the real thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I think that drive club demo sums up how hard it is to master bike game play.

11. Bike gameplay. Since road rash, nothing has been worth buying. I have MGP one, 16 or 17 I think, used three times and abandoned.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The latest version of Gran Turismo. Then practice the Nurburgring Nordschleife until you go there in real life.

13. Cheers. Downloading the TT game bad handling and all. The handling on the demo level reminds me of the old tourist trophy game only way less forgiving. What would be good is if the wiggly sticks on the controller were harder to wiggle the faster you are going.

Is the online multiplayer any good in TT or drive club? Not subscribed to the plus service as yet.

14. Got the TT game and Driveclub. Very different beasts but like them both. TT game price seems a bit steep in comparison to Driveclub.

15. Call of Duty and stuff like that. Tempted to go buy one now

16. I've not played games much since 2012 when I did my mischief to my back, and before that it was the 90's. I'm pretty amazed at how far things have advanced. I fancy the VR setup around crimbo time.

17. Call of Duty Black Ops 4 is currently trending on PS4. Just make sure you have extra space for the patch.

18. Do I have to have friends on the network to play multiplayer with or can I join in with strangers?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information