1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Help Me Find What I Need/want

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RexDangerVest, Mar 21, 2020.

1. I have a 2014 Monster 1200S
    No fairings naturally...
    I have a Pixel 3XL. It has a USB Type C charging port. I need/want to direct wire something to my battery that has a type C port... or just a type C cable.
    Similar to this below but i dont have anyplace to put something like this. Nor do I want to.
    Just a direct cable that would actually do the high speed charging would be best.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GKK9HZT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

I searched and searched. I cannot find what I want. I may not be asking Google or amazon correctly.
    If it doesnt do the high speed I wont be able to run Waze and or Maps while riding

Rex

2. Not enough.
    I think there is some magic/protocol that USB C follows that allows the high speed charging.
    The device I linked to is on the way... If I have to I will permanently connect a cable to it... silicone it, wrap it, and hide it away somewhere...
    But I would rather have something sleek.

BUT

At least its close to the Ducati Red

Rex

• Like Like x 1
  3. No regular USB are a dime a dozen. I have a Pixel 3xl. it neds a high power usb-C to usb-C that is not.

I have their car holder a high power wirless charger in my casr and one of their mounts to hold my phone on the bike... Useless if you are running WAZE or Maps. The device you show is just a pass through (I believe) If I can get the power I need to the end of the USB-C cable... I can just plug it into my phone.

The real issue is... WAZE is great for alerts of Police and other stuff. but not as good at directions as MAPS.
    I prefer to run both. waze for police and disabled car, and debri alerts. and Maps for my actual directions.
    If I have the correct power I can run both. with less power My power levels go down even though it is charging.

Trying to get the best of both worlds.

What I just ordered is not correct either.
    I know that there are many wires and some logic involved to make sure the device can handle the higher charging speeds.
    I dont know how to build it smoothly And I cannot understand why the market does not provide it.
    USB-C is not new and is very popular

Thank you

RFex

Do Not Sell My Personal Information