1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please Read: Lukes Legacy For A Docbike

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Wazzaduke33, Jul 20, 2020.

1. All,

I’ve been a forum dweller for a few years so I hope it’s okay to post this

Now, I need your help please. A random meeting on Friday whilst buying some parts for my KTM 1290 SDR has led me to this. I met a guy called Paul, I went to Newcastle near Stoke, I bought the bits and we got talking.

It turns out the parts are off his late nephews bike, Luke Van de Sande, Luke was tragically killed last year on his Superduke, a serving police officer and by all accounts one hell of a guy, he was 28 years old.

Anyway I want to help his family with a fantastic initiative they are spearheading in Lukes memory “Lukes Legacy”. They are raising money to fund a Docbike in Staffordshire, a rapid response bike piloted by a doctor to be the first responder to motorcyclist accidents. There is only one operating in the UK in Dorset, which I think we can help to change . . .

We are all bikers, we go out and take the risks, the risks Luke took on that day last March, because we love bikes

I have spoken to Lukes mum Carol and she has given this her blessing. I know times are tough, but please donate whatever you can, even if we get £1 off everyone on here then we we can contribute and make this a reality and help Lukes family honour their hero

Thanks all, I’ll be sending is mum Carol this link is she can see what the biking community is all about

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/ch...gnPage.action?charityCampaignUrl=lukes-legacy

2. Just seen this post and donated, great idea and good luck with the target :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thankyou so much Harry, really appreciate it

4. I have only seen it now considering you posted Monday :thinkingface: so maybe that’s why you haven’t had much response

• Like Like x 1
  5. Great cause donation done!!:upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I have moved it to the lounge and edited the title

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wazza, derogatory generalisations of the forum membership (where hardly any have seen the thread) is hardly a good way of encouraging support for this. More information is perhaps a better way of encouraging engagement.
    Docbike: Life-saving legacy of Staffordshire Policeman https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-51052756

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It'll get more exposure in this section. Its always important to pick the right section or threads disappear through lack of interest

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. There are some amazing forum members on here who are always prepared to help

• Like Like x 2
  11. Donated

• Like Like x 3
  12. Apologies to all, I’ve had a bit of a rough few months myself personally and I feel really passionate about this

Thank you so much to all of the kind donations

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 1
  13. I want to take this to the next level and get a Docbike in every county in the UK, any ideas welcome

• Like Like x 2
  14. Can I suggest that as members donate they refresh the thread in some way, even if it is simply posting an expression of support, that way it will keep the thread live for the longest period of time. Any other stories related to the Dorset bike might also help

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Your welcome
    If you ever feel like this give me a PM so we can look at it :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. I have made it a sticky for a while it’s featured too

#16 Ducbird, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 3
  17. I've Just posted the link to the VM giving page on my facebook account.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Brilliant ! Thank you !

19. Done :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information