1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pls Help Desperate Noob With Shipping To Us

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by tboooe, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Hello, kind of an off the wall request but I am desperate so here goes... I am humbly asking for a kind soul to help me with getting a part shipped from UK to US. I've been trying without success to find an out of production accessory for my 2012 848 EVO. Last night I finally found it on ebay but the seller is only willing to ship to a UK address. No amount of begging or pleading would change the seller's mind. Would someone be willing to receive the part (its small and light) then ship to me in the US? Of course I will be willing to pay for shipping as well as your trouble.

Pretty please?????

2. @tboooe Hello & welcome. I should be able to help as I regularly deliver all over the world through work. Do you want to let me know the dimensions, weight & value so I can let you have a quote or do you just want to send it to me and then I`ll get the quote for you ? I`ll need to be paid before sending it on to you of course .

• Like Like x 3
  3. Unless I'm missing something then I can't see the problem. I could do it for you. If you ship to me then I could take it to my local PO and parcelforce it. It just can't be too big and heavy. I think that my PO have something like a 5Kg limit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Noobs can be trying at the best of times!
    ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  5. Why do I feel like a drugs mule? o_O

Let me know if you have no luck and I'll send it on for you. :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coz you’re a donkey?
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Whilst I typed, I think that dukesox already replied. It looks as though he knows these things!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'd say run with ducesox's kind offer. he's a long standing member (ok,ok, get ya minds out the gutter!) and is in the trade. perfect!
    another problem sorted by one of the many helpful folk on here!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I was waiting for that, although expected "ass" :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr Naive here assumed that it was:splat::sob: kosher. Drugs never crossed my mind:party:

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Amateur. :laughing:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Especially Americans!

I promise this wont require anyone to put things in any body cavity/orifice!

13. I would never be so forward!
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. What is it you are finding so hard to source by the way? :thinkingface:

15. @dukesox thank you so much for the kind offer. I will send you a message directly to work out arrangements.

@PerryL and @Robarano thank you so much for the offering! Its really appreciated.

My faith in humanity is restored!!!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Obviously if it is drugs you are all invited to DukeSox Towers for a party !

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. Its a rear seat cowl in Arctic White Silk. I can easily find it for all the other colors except what I actually need. I know I can get it painted but would prefer to avoid that hassle and get the exact OEM part. I think perhaps its rarity is related to the fact that it was never an actual official part for the bike but rather an accessory. When I do a parts lookup, all the other 848,1098,1198 color variants shows the seat cowl except for the 2012 848 EVO in my color. Odd....

#17 tboooe, Jan 2, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Yeah, we buy proper red ones :motorcycleduc: in the old world. :) :upyeah: None of your fancy star spangled colours. :innocent:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. If I wanted to be a really annoying, arrogant American I would have purchased the Hayden version!

[​IMG]

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Arghhhh! :eyes: My eyes. :expressionless:

• Agree Agree x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information