1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Poggipolini (?) Ducati Performance Rear Sets

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Expat Jack, Jun 7, 2020.

1. C414B765-08AB-43D5-A5DB-25113357F02D.jpeg 162CF275-2648-45C2-B7E8-49E8C6461FB0.jpeg Scored some of the above on eBay and fitted them, mainly for grippier pegs.

I do have a matching brake pedal but the pin diameter on the bike is about .25mm wider than the hole on the DP lever so will stick with stock rear brake for the moment. Anyone come across this problem before?

Also took off the standard hens teeth original screen and replaced with a cheapo Chinese double bubble. Excuse the flies!

All to get ready for Ducati Day Donington.

31CCE9FE-2AAB-4D2A-85B8-45FBB3481538.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  2. Did you know that you've a little man living in your instrument cluster.;).......................lovely^^^^^^^^:upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Not exactly related but could you send me some pictures of your nitron canister mount/bracket? Is that something that nitron sell?

4. Yup. Some on here:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/bling-me-up.77564/
    Let me know if you need anything specific.
    Shock is excellent by the way.

5. He’s a handsome bugger too. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have the same damper, was on it when I bought it but it does what it needs to do. I'm not a fan of the long hose connecting the cannister. Mine is mounted under the seat. IMG_20200607_134022_3.jpg

7. The hose on mine would not reach that far back. Just about reaches the front spar where the tool tray front lugs go.

8. I must be special to have such a long one :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Or belong in a circus o_O

10. I've got a Billet rear brake pedal for the 748/9*6's that I'd let go for not much money.
    I know it fit's because I used it for one trip to the Isle of Man, before reverting to PUKKA 851/888 rear sets.
    PM if you're interested...Or anyone else if the original poster doesn't want it.

Edit...Jack thought £50 inc' the postage was too steep for a genuine DP/Ducati Performance lever. So if anyone else wants it PM me.

Steve R

#10 Steve Robins, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  11. Pm on the way.

12. Nice seat pads! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Yes, thanks again. :upyeah:
    Nice and grippy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Never knew Poggiopolini did rear sets. Only thought they did the top end Ti fasteners.

15. Nor did I until Geoff Baines told me. He has them on his 916.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. I have three sets of these on my three bikes which are all 748/998 models. These were Italian made, but I can't remember the manufacturer. He is retired now and his son did not want to carry on the business. I am not sure if anyone recognises them.

They are complete with reverse gearchange, and fit perfectly. I think the last set I purchased was about £325.00. They came from Ducat Race Support which is now defunct.

I have mentioned them on here before, and someone did give me the manufacturer, but that was some time ago, Interesting to know that Poggipolini make or have made these. Very much the same as the Ducati Performance versions that I bought way back when my 998 was new.

IMG_4113.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  17. They look like the DPM ones, Red.

18. I think I have something similar on my 748R. Having had a closer look I now also realise what an elegant IMG_2103.JPG piece of engineering my brake lever is.

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

#19 Paul55, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Looks like gear lever can be reversed for race pattern and mine looks longer (14 cm) than yours. IMG_2102.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information