1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll : Riding Style

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Jody, Jul 7, 2016.

?
  1. Bolt upright no matters what lean angle

8.3%
  2. Supermoto style leaning the bike

27.8%
  3. Knee out hanging off

50.0%
  4. Other

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Struggling to find a riding style that suits me on my Hyper so thought id get a poll going of everyone's styles..

Don't really have a comfortable feeling while leant over

I'm mostly upright, I more shift over in the seat than go for knee down as wide bars and short legs and arms don't let me hang off much

2. Just do this!!!! Rubens.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. I do hanging off and Supermoto style whichever bike I am riding depending on the road. Not moving is fine if that's your thing but if you're going quickly then it's always handy to have the flexibility and extra safety of being able to move around.

4. I'm quite near the edge of the tyre so I'm getting it over....It just doesn't feel natural....Like I'm having to force myself

Possibly a play with my suspension setup might help...I like a solid front end but I don't feel that leant over on my Hyper whether that's a weighting issue with my style or suspension who knows...

Anyone else got an 1100 Hyper and weighs around 15st want to give me a starting point for some fork settings ?
    20160627_153224.jpg

#5 Jody, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Riding style depends on what I'm riding....

RSV4 - knee down hang off style.
    z1ooo - keep knees tucked in
    Hyper - keep knees tucked in (I'm just a little further off the tyre than you are there...)

Your more than welcome to my suspension settings but theyre on marzocchi forks (evo sp) so they may not be relevant...

(I'm about 15.5 stone) last time I looked but managed to score some free buffet this afternoon from the board room...

• Like Like x 2
  6. If you dont mind Comfy......

I read the EVO SP forks are still Marzoochi 50mm items but 1.2" taller so maybe (hopefully) the settings may transfer over so worth a try...

7. Yep - youll need to do the rear as well possibly as if you just do the front they could feel like oak.....

Here's mine....let me know how you get on...

Hyper Suspension.jpg

8. Cheers buddy......

I'll be running down to the car park in a minute to bang those in and try them on the way home from work later tonight :D

9. Just leaving now for some rush hour brapping fun...! :)

10. Well that was strange..

Just put your settings in my forks @comfysofa

I was running less compression (3/4) and a 1/4 less rebound but my preload was way off, I was on the factory of 3 turns in

Weird thing is I went in 10 turns and it doesn't seem much less sag ?

I'm quite good at telling if the sag is more or less as I'm on tiptoes so it's easy to notice but 10 turns in felt no different to 3

Must be a very fine thread on the adjuster or does the Hyper have a progressive spring...

Even 3 extra turns in on my previous sportsbikes would make a massive amount of difference....

11. Ok... Better or no?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

12. Not rode it yet mate....Still at work

Finish at 9.45

13. Ah... Ok... I expect a full report later...!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Ha ha will do

15. My riding style tends to be hanging on for dear life.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  16. 18mm static sag comfy?! And 37 more with you on it?! Stronger springs needed, overall 55 probably ok but should be 30-35 to start with (maybe even more with a SM type bike)

17. I'm around 15st and at 3 turns in preload I was around 40mm sag..

I have read a recommended sag of 50 for our bikes.....Is this correct ?

I think Luigi and Mario just slapped in our bikes whatever was next to the bench as the owners manual is wrong concerning the forks on the 1100 anyway

18. Motorcycle Suspension Setup Pretty good source of info. Dont know if Hyper different tho as may have longer stroke, but this will show you how to set it (iirc rider sag 1/3rd of max stroke)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Dunno.... I've messed around with suspension and never really got anywhere so took it to a local place (about 10 seconds from jhs). They set up race bikes and rich at louigi knows him and said his lad knows what he's doing.... Feels fine to me but as I said I'm shit with suspension... He did measure it with me on it.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information