1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Poor Brakes

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Multi12, Jul 14, 2018.

1. I've had my 2015 multi for about 2 month now and love it, apart from the mushy brakes.
    front brake one press of the lever will pull in about 2 thirds under hard braking, not much feel.
    If i give the lever a double pump when braking hard the lever will pull in a third, strong sharp plenty of feel. this is what i'm after from single press.
    I've replaced the pads with brembo and fresh fluid dot 4 in the front, bled the system through out no bubbles and a tie wrap on the front for a couple of hours, but still feel mushy.
    Been reading through the forums about the rear brake, remove caliper and bleed upside down still crap.
    I've order a Mityvac and some Motul RBF 600 for the rear.
    Any advice on the front brakes would be much appreciated.
    Cheers craig

2. Have you bled it at the top MC end? Often gets a bit of air, more is clutch but sometimes brake. 30 sec job.

3. I would venture to suggest that you have air trapped at the ABS manifold. Some people have added a bleed nipple here although that requires a modification to the underside of the seat. I was advised to find a quiet well surfaced road and stand on the front brake at 30mph to initiate the ABS. Worked for my girlfriend's Diavel although I did have a few moments getting the ABS to kick in. You need strong nerves. Andy

4. yes mate started from the furthest caliper away then to the right caliper then up to master cylinder, did this process several times to make sure there's no bubbles

• Like Like x 1
  5. If you have done the small tube at the top then maybe lok at what Andy said. As multi brakes are not like you describe!

6. cheers Andy will look into this, ABS works on the rear tried it out on some gravel. didn't try the front though lol

7. yes will give the bleeding and ABS another coat of looking at when i get the mityvac, clearly somethings wrong
    cheers bradders

8. Sounds like my Saab 9-3. My garage man spent an age bleeding the brakes upwards, backwards, sideways. Still spongy. I reckon it's air in the ABS too.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cheers coman will do some research in into the ABS

10. sorry for the delay in replying.
    used the mityvac to rebleed the front brakes, feel much strong than before must of been an airlock.
    previous bike was an gsxr1000 AL5 so was expecting brakes to be just as good if not better! next step upgrading the pads. cheers guys.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information