1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Poor Mid Range

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MG1200S, Sep 3, 2017.

1. I see a number of peeps on here have changed to the full Termi system and have benefitted from a better mid range.... Anyone else archived this without changing to the full exhaust system.... i.e. by remapping or some other means? I added the termi slip which looks nice but makes no difference to the mid range and provides a marginal improvement in sound .... I wasn't keen on adding the race system as I wanted to stay completely road legal.

2. Hi I will be putting some youtube vids up soon to show the difference between standard setup & full termi with upmap installed. A different bike all together to ride. Cannot say if its any faster, but around town & mid range is brilliant. Used to have to keep to above 2750 ish revs around town in low gear or the bike was very lurchy. So was the 2 demo bikes I rode, 1 800miles on clock & the other 3600 miles. They, including mine had the same lurchy feel. Bit better by switching to full power but still there. Now with system replaced the bike will pull on the flat smoothly at anything over 1800 / 1900 rpm. Anything lower & you still get the V twin problem. Mid range is shoulder wrenching. I don,t know if it,s a combo or just getting rid of Cat & exhaust valve, or the upmap. The bike backfires on upchange as well as down, which I love the sound of. The fuel figures on dash are showing around 56-57 to gallon so still good. As for mapping I,m not sure anyone has mastered the DVT engine ECU yet. I have the chip which comes with the kit but cleverly Ducati have packaged this in a 4 pin case which matches nothing but the bikes ecu. So no chance of copying it.

3. Did jump the termi full system route as well as couldn't get along with that flat spot which is where I usually ride the engine and could not find any info on modifying catalyst internals or removing the flap. Now much better albeit with a lot more noise.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. A word of caution: big Ducati's don't seem to like laboured acceleration from sub 3k, and most Ducati spanners I talk to suggest it is one of the reasons why some throw the big end prematurely.

Personally, I tend to operate in 3-7k zone most of the time (unless I'm chasing @t3cn or my old Hants mates in which case I use a few more ;) )

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Totally agree, Just waiting for the big ends to go. Jesus how many more senior techs are on this site.

6. Interesting..... the poor 'mid range' for me seems to be from 3-6000 (I guess some of this will be the stupid exhaust valve - which I intend to remove) above that it starts to shift. My 2014 Pikes Peak wasn't much better. I had a ktm 1190 prior to the Enduro and that was extremely free reving and the power delivery was more linear.

7. I think about it like this. Bike revs to 10k ish, so mid range is 4-7k. And ts where I try to stay all the time. And certainly better with the last two maps :)

8. Sub 6,000 seems to feel laboured to me. Find myself changing down for swift overtakes... something I didn't need to do on the KTM or for that fact on my Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport .... which pulls strongly from 3500 revs. The top end of the multi's rev range is pretty special though.

9. Surprised at that. Sure its deceptively smooth, my previous twinspark 'felt' faster but its not. I've had roll-ons with pre-DVT ones and its certainly doesn't lose out anywhere.

10. More noise with the baffles in? Mostly I've read people saying with baffles in it is about the same as the stock exhaust.

I'm close to pulling the trigger, mostly for the map and maybe get rid of some heat soak from the cat.

#10 nostatic, Sep 4, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
  11. There are no baffles. It's a straight through system.

12. The system that ships in the US has baffles (which are removable).

13. Same in uk. Pretty decent with baffles in. Awesome with them out. Like a bowl of rice crispies. Snap crackle & big pops.

14. This is news to me. Here it is not available with baffles. Straight through

15. Anyone with a pair of baffles they do not want?

16. Mine full termignoni will be placed 19 september , looking forward to the real ducati sound :p
    In the catalog was mentioned , system with no removable db killers ?
    Does this mean that in UK and USA there are straigt through systems with removable db killers ?

17. My mistake in not clarifying. I am talking about the enduro model.

18. Does that model have the very deep silencer

19. I've got a full Termi on my standard DVT. While the dyno shows little difference in HP and torque, throttle response is much more rapid and the bike feels urgent and wants to get moving. I think this is the main difference.

Also, try putting a 42 tooth rear sprocket on instead of 40. This vastly improves rideability and responsiveness and is a much more cost effective improvement than a full exhaust system. It cures that clutch slipping around town problem, and gives much more acceleration in 6th on the motorway for overtaking.

20. Do you notice any difference in heat, either for you or passenger?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information