1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Obs...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by andyb, Jan 18, 2019.

1. One woman, who did not want to be named, said younger drivers often used the road as "a rat run".

I think someone needs to explain to her what rat run means :rolleyes:

2. was speed the issue here? So many other factors that should be considered not least should you be driving at that age?

3. Hopefully not speed, as he was ‘ emerging from a junction’ - how fast can one do that?

4. 5 live were reporting from the scene last night, whoever it was reporting was commenting on the dukes wing mirror laying in the grass, in today’s madness that’s probably 15k to some yank on eBay

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Is there a law against it? If not then yes if he fulfills the requirements for a licence. How about 97, or 96 or 89. Should there be a hard ‘dvlaexit’ at those ages? Where do you draw the line if the sole determinant is an arbitrary number?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Presumably the OP was referring to the speed of the car that him - sufficient to put the car on its side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Of course there isn't a law against it. But would you get into a taxi or a bus that was being driven by a 98yo? I doubt it.

8. No

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Older you get, harder distance and speed is to judge. By all accounts, he’s a boy racer at heart too.

10. Unfortunately everybody panders up to these people and common sense goes out of the window.......off with their heads,it's a new world now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alfred Bluestone was still driving a London taxi cab at 94......

So what’s your hard age limit to impose then? 50?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Was he? I’m not so sure-I interpreted more a dig at the old chap.

13. 70 then a sight perception test every 2 years. Half hour, 10 min sight test plus 20 min drive or simulated drive with see-civic emphasis on speed, distance, concentration abilities

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. As it was the old chap who pulled out, it was his obs that were poor

15. What’s amazing is the newspapers all shouting loudly about how the speed limit of the road was too fast, accident hotspot etc...

Seems to be blame being placed everywhere but the driver :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. A few youngsters shouldn’t be on the road either their obs are poor.
    This morning one young lady nearly ended up in the back of the car next to me then when the lights changed continued to intimidate the driver in front of her to go faster!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. no i wasn't.

now, you could argue poor obs and anticipation from the car approaching the junction potentially closed so you cant see what movement there is in it, or if it was open the RR approaching it should give you cause to slow or at least a reaction of some sort......but thats a bit advanced shit for the average numpty road user.

18. post 3

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information