1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poor Old Bike

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Jul 26, 2017.

1. So, first time on track, avoiding action against a fallen rider on my front wheel means it's a little second hand :(

How it was....
    IMG_2374.JPG

How it ended up...
    20227630_10155703783680312_1369164995_o.jpg

Managed to have a bit of a look tonight, seems to need:
    front subframe
    all plastics (every one!)
    tank bit bashed but hasn't leaked
    can and hanger destroyed (nice try yoshi one too!)
    link pipe (which is a nicely crushed Ti one now!)
    rear light and indicators
    In fact, indicators all round
    tail tidy
    couple of big gouges in swingarm
    genie casing as this one is as far ground down as you can get without seeping oil...
    clutch lever and possible whole assembly

Need to they confirm with more inspection:
    frame for cracks (headstock)
    yokes & forks as looks a bit twisted but think its a clip on
    rear subframe I'm hoping can be realigned as it looks a very slight twisted, won't know until I put a seat unit on there...

Triumph still in garage and £1000 bill to come, this is probably going to cost a grand by time its finished...oh well, only money :confused::poop:

• Love You Love You x 1
  2. Wow that looks like a proper job, I don't have any spare Suzuki bits and pieces hanging round in the garage I'm afraid.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. What a fecker.

4. That sux.... I guess the only saving grace is being a gsxr you can hopefully source a lot from eBay?? Hope you get it fixed asap... Is the trumpet running??

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. text the fella again today, dropped a newly built engine off at least 3 weeks ago and no response from him! Not really in a position to bring it home for probably a week or two any way, need to create space and not really got core strength to load and unload a bike (minces off like a wounded squib)

6. GWS, atleast it wasn't the mutley been thrown into the kitty litter!

7. Shit mate you made a good job of that. Like I said let me know if I can assist in the rebuild in any way :upyeah:

8. was more thrown and tarmac, grass and another bike really ! LOL

9. Feel for you :( at least you'll both mend :upyeah: take it easy:cool:

10. Bugger...sorry to hear/see nasty gory details of damage to bike.
    Hope that you are ok, more's the point.

11. Bit of a ding in my plan tho. Sell triumph, sell gixer, buy a tuono v4 or 899. Damn!

12. Bit of a ding in my plan tho. Sell triumph, sell gixer, buy a tuono v4 or 899. Damn!

13. I didn't think anyone actually bought motorcycle parts nowadays? I thought you go down the local greasy spoon about 11.30am (wake up time for thieves) and find a couple of Likely lads that come from any country ending in the letters "NIA" and give them your shopping list? If your parts bill is over £300 you can have a whole bike! It will be virtually impossible to insure an expensive motorcycle in London very soon - it's out of control

14. Mate, will it be worth the effort ? Or maybe better off selling the Gixxer for parts and buying another track bike ??

Anyhoo, GWS :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. I did see it in the garage :( At least you're relatively unharmed...:upyeah:

16. Feck.
    At least your ok and not in Hospital.

17. Nope made sure I got out of there the same day!

I have had the same thought Wayne but tbh its probably not worth much in parts. Shock and forks (if straight) maybe £600, engine if I buy a new cover £800-1000, headlight £100, QS £150, PC £150, wheels £300...it's a good bike and it's mainly plastics. If I tidy it then may get 3k as MOTd etc

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information