1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poorly 1098 Sfs (09)

Discussion in 'Streetfighter' started by Ade, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Hi
    Ive got a reoccurring misfire on the bike. After id stored the bike without a trickle charger plugged to it.
    I took the bike to GT motorcycles in Plymouth and they sorted it and set up the termis/ECU/air filter id fitted. The mech said a fault showed up (Low voltage at the crank over). Afterwards The bike ran lovely. Then after storing again. (month) (i was starting it occasionally) After 10 miles riding it starts acting up again. its not so much a misfire but more of one of the cylinders repeatedly cutting out. I spoke to the mech again and he suggested one of the spark plugs is duff. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? i had a (07) 1098s before this bike and it was trouble free.

cheers
    Ade

2. Try easy stuff 1st change the plugs

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. You may want to try a known working set of coils too, just repaired an 09 SF misfiring, vert coil bad, same item as 1X98, good luck!

4. Thanks Gents. Yes i'll try the plugs first. Perhaps one is faulty.

5. While you're at it fit a new injector/coil/pump relay. A £1.99 part that causes all sorts of problems

6. It was the spark plug on the rear pot

• Like Like x 1
  7. Took you a while to find that out, mind. :)

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 15.29.50.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. haha
    Yes indeed. Just sold the bike via an indy in the UK. no fuss no bull. 10% commission. Bike went pretty quick

9. I have SF parts for sale. How do i post them on here/?

10. To sell something you have to be a subscriber. So firstly subscribe, then post your thread in the appropriate sale section.

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/pages/Supporter/

11. Now :)

12. What did it go for?

13. £6995
    It went in a weekend

14. Hence the after market parts I'm selling ...Dealing took 10% commission and put it on eBay at his cost. I guess i could have done the same but i rode the bike over from France and didn't want the hassle of dealing with people wanting to look at the bike. Thats what the 10% is for. Worth it for me in my situation. Both the dealer and me agreed it was a realistic price for a quick sell. I seen SFS's going for 8 1/2 k plus and twice as many miles as mine.....Their still for sale!!!

15. Ah, the one mentioned earlier in this thread by Chris that sold in 2 hours cause it was way too cheap :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Christ, those were the days.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Funny. Price it at what it's worth and you find a buyer ;)

18. And price it too cheap and it sells in 2 hours you cynical old so and so (did I tell you my Exige is now circa £60,000 from £16.250 when I purchased it 8 years ago) Warning: investments in vehicles can go down as well as up if you don't know what you are doing - so please keep following your own opinions and stay safe with your ISA's :):upyeah:

19. Wow, nice going! Hoping my car goes the same way, but I doubt very much it'll appreciate as dramatically as that. Nice work- 8 years of paid motoring!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information