1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Friends...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by bradders, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amazing what you can get for 11k in my books, but I ask myself why 5+ owners and only 53k miles? and no mention of service history

2. Oh mate, you're wife will love that. What an amazing gift for her. Go for it :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. If he loved her would he not buy her a proper one? :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Now you say it exe, yes, a proper one would show true love :cool:

5. Can’t all afford a Ferrari....anyway: age, mileage, anything to check/worry about/look for in te service history? I’m sure someone said before that the 987 was the one to go with and less likely to have issues...

6. Lot of people only have a car like this for the summer for a bit of fun, then sell it off come winter. Its 2006, so 11 years old.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Imo, a Peter Morgan inspection is cash well spent :upyeah:
    Try to Factor the cost into haggling with the vendor :cool:

8. I don't have the experience to offer advice but I'm amazed at how much car you can get for £11k.

9. My neighbor with the Carrera softtop had problems with the water drain holes at the front and back being blocked which causes rot. Apparently thats a common fault across all the cars, easy enough to unblock with a pointy stick but many do not check.

10. Boxsters have always been cheap to buy. I remember when you could pick up an early one for £1500. Still, the 987`s are great fun and like you say, certainly a lot of car for the money. Remember that the new price though is also cheap compared to a 911.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Looks like a 987.1S

I'd check that the 3.2 is OK, IMS/RMS and bore scoring spring to mind, the 3.4 is better (in the 987.2). Service history should hopefully show these have been changed.

Other stuff to check if the drain holes front and rear were cleaned during service, I had one block and flooded the interior, fried the ECU under the seat, would have cost a couple of £K but it was under warranty.

If you're not bothered about Porsche warranty you can stick whatever tyres on and battery which will save some coin.

Porsche's are an odd thing, some people use them as their DD and others as a weekend/sunny day toy so mileage is probably the norm on this.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  12. Reading a link earlier, seems like Gen 2 from MY09 are quite a step on from the later Gen 1.

13. I remember when they brought the gen 2 out and it went from being an expensive (for me) decent car that was not quite mind blowing to being what seemed like a proper performance car.

14. The gen 2 (987.2) is a great car, sat nav is useless, saying that they haven't moved on much... I continue to use my phone now lol.

The gen1 and 2 and 981's will undoubtedly go up in value as the 718's get slated for the 4 pot lump.

15. If you like tinkering I've got all the gear for changing your IMS bearing. It's a doddle really more so on a manual

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I've got some pork buying guides in PDF if you want mate?

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. if you plan on keeping the thing be worth knowing that the smaller engines had less issues, none of them have any real performance from a bikers perspective (unless it has a Turbo, 2, or RS in its name)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information