1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porsche Prices !!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by farmster, Oct 21, 2017.

1. It’ll all pop again at some point.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. My neighbour has an old 3 cylinder Porsche. I wonder what that is worth?

3. I wish I never sold my old 911, but not as much as I wish I'd bought 911 turbo I was offered for 26K by the Journo from 911 Porsche world mag... I could have borrowed the money, I just didn't have it back then.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I worked at the auction, I prepared a couple of the cars including detailing the highest price seller of the day the 911 (993) Turbo S. Some of them went for less than expected and didn't reach lower estimate.
    Generally demand for Porsches is always hugely popular and at other mixed marquee auctions I've worked at have seen all Porsches 100% sold.
    The classic car market has been on a sharp rise for quite a few years now, sure this bubble will burst one day but that will only be on certain models, other Ltd edition or low numbers vehicles will in my eyes hold there value and probably increase for years to come.
    If the bubble does burst then it will go back up again one day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thread moved

6. I have watched prices of 911's rise dramatically over the last 4 years, old or newer ones.

7. I’m sure when I bought my 964 carrera2 some years back that you could pick up a good 964 RS for about 25K. No one wanted them.
    Sold my C2 for about 12K in 2004. They are certainly worth a pretty penny now

8. Bought a 997.2 Turbo (2012) a couple of years back and it's price is holding very firm for a fairly modern car, creeping up even. The 911 GT range is nuts. Tried getting into one but no chance for the right money. The down side is your car will become mileage sensitive if it's creeping up in value making your P&J a bit of a garage queen. I only use mine in good weather and mainly in the summer.
    It's not all models though. You really need to be in a GT/Turbo/Limited Edition type 911 to keep your dough safe. And as stated, the market could go tits up any time. But if you can sit on it, it should recover too.
    And of course it not just Porsche. It applies to all top marques. Ferrari springs to mind.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Similar to Mary, had a Mezger lumped gen 1 manual turbo a few years back, and that gone up a good 10k plus even in the short time since I sold it. No regrets though as I never gelled with that particular car, had a C2S and C4S before that and prefer the NA stuff. Something of the whole 911'ness is lost a little with the turbo. Although quite a bit faster, I found the 4WD and the rather muted turbo'ed engine note made it feel a bit un 911 like. Horses for courses obviously, but if I had a another 911, would probably go for a manual box C2S or GTS, cause as Mary says, GT3's and certainly GT2's have become a bit daft price wise. I was talking to a chap with a GT3 RS down at Beaulieu supercar day this year, he paid 85K for it in 2012, its a 2010 car, and he says it now worth more than 150K. The last of the 997 GT3 RS's, the 4.0 lite model has gone nuts at pretty much any price the vendor demands !!! Porsche world has gone nuts :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  10. I went to the cca auction to hopefully buy a 3.2 Supersport E reg 88 year
    30k on the clock. Guide 60/70k
    £99.000 sold for

• WTF WTF x 1
  11. Wow! They've recently shot up. At 30k on the clock though it's for a collection.

12. 4096E495-73CF-4D2E-9183-D8C0CC483430.jpeg Friend of mine from Hamburg owned this 2.7RS for 35 years and for the last 10 years his mechanic been telling him that whenever car is in his garage for service he always asked by other customers if they can buy it. This year my friend said: fuck it, first person to give me €500k can have it, same day he had 3 confirmed offers. 1 person actually offered more, but he gone ahead with his mechanics recommendation and sold it to necest guy for €500k

• Like Like x 4
  13. Jesus fucking titty christ. Thats all i have to say....

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. all this talk makes me wanna take mine out for a drive, which I am going to do right now! FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  15. An awful lot of money for a beetle :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Designed by Hitler wasn't it ?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  17. Steering wheel's the wrong side and only one wing mirror..... eeeeek. Lovely car btw : - )

18. Mine's a bit more recent. And it goes faster than my 1098R! And no, my bike's not knackered....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information