1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Portable Compressor Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by MotoNik, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Hi all,

I'm forever collecting screws in my tyres, so I already carry a puncture repair kit. The only thing stopping me from being self-sufficient is a means of re-inflating a flat tyre at the roadside. So I'm looking for something compact, tough, and long-lasting.

Just wondering if anyone can give recommendations for a portable compressor that I can carry on my bike? I have an Enduro with crash bar bags, so could conceivably carry something in one of those, or possibly even under the seat if it's small enough.

Thanks in advance!

Nik

2. Thanks Al. How long does it hold a charge? Ideally I'd prefer something I can plug in to a cig socket or run off the battery.

3. Long enough. you could plug it into the USB socket to recharge it after use. It says 8mins continuous use.

The one I have, an older generation, has been with me for 3 years, and is still running well. Good for the price.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Slime one used to live under my FJR1300 seat. its powered from the bike.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I bought one of those small cheap ones for about £12 and took the plastic covers off. It would fit under the seat, if I didn't have a pouch of tools there. I have used it a number of times over the last 4 years and it's still going strong./

6. Rocky Creek Designs MOTOPRESSOR

I use mine with the engine running as it does draw a fair bit. The only part you need is a air-gauge to tell the pressure.

#9 GunZenBomZ, Jan 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I’m just about to advertise a slime pump for sale. Just taken some photos today in readiness. Happy to let you have first dibs if you interested....

Cheers Nick

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. These are pretty decent. Have one with my VAG family car and it pumps up mahoosive tyres very rapidly. Has lighter socket adapter and pressure gauge.

I can take measurements if you are interested. Let me know.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. You really need a lot of volume of air at the beginning, especially if the tubeless tyre has broke the seal at the rim.
    The only way to do that mobile is the little CO2 jobbies.
    [​IMG]

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  10. +1 with this. I had one in my Seat Leon but sourced a spare wheel so robbed it for the bike. Fits the Multistrada power socket with an adaptor and works really well. It does however live in my top box as it is too big to go under the seat. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Credit where credit is due - mines fabulous :heart_eyes:

12. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Thanks Nick - I'll pm you.

14. Could actually do to get one of those for my other half's Touran, as it doesn't have a spare. Thanks for the link!

15. I have this setup as it is in one zip up bag and quite small.[​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information