1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portimao 23-25 April 2021

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by NoGutsNoGlory, Oct 12, 2020.

1. The year that keeps on giving. No Limits have just cancelled this trip. More aggro rearranging flights etc. :mad:

• WTF WTF x 1
  2. I did laugh at one of their Fb ads where they said something like ‘we’ll run them regardless, you could have loads of space on track, book with us in confidence’ in the last few days.

3. I'm getting the right hump with NL. That's two years on the trot they've cancelled a Portimao trip I was booked on regardless of the Covid fiasco trips.

4. Did they say why its been cancelled?

5. I'd heard it was the circuit that cancelled on NL, not the other way around

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. When I last saw Claire she said the same, however she did say that Portimao was the worst circuit they deal with for cancelling and/or changing dates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Indeed, seems like Portimao have pulled the dates back from NL, sorry to hear about this for the OP and hopes he gets another trip sorted.

@bradders why not get some facts before having a dig fella? Just a thought.

8. Why not take the rose off and actually read what’s written? I said I found it funny they posted the ad with the very recent cancellations of Spainish trips because booking numbers were down. Said nothing at all about portimao

9. If its not a dig why is it on a Portimao thread? Or are you just shouting into the internet ....

10. And why are you so adamant no one can have an opinion unless it’s yours?

factual post. That was what was on the ad. They did cancel because of lack of numbers. And I found it amusing. When did you join the mods? :p

11. You know they just ran Andalucia with 11 punters, would you have?

Still not sure what your post has to do with this thread.

12. I'm sure I will. I was being a bit unfair to NL as they have always sorted out any problems in the past and I'm sure it will be the same this time.
    I'm just venting and pissed off at how sh1t this year has been. I've not got many years left riding on track and the last two have been a wash out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Unless things improve, next year will be a testing time for all the TDO's. Presumably many events have been run this year, despite the low numbers, as the track time had already been purchased in advance of the current crisis.
    It's difficult to see how they can continue with such low numbers without concessions from the circuit owners. I certainly hope they all do, but sooner or later x will no longer cover y and some tough decisions will have to be made. Initially in the form of less events in an attempt to fill the ones that do run.
    I'd also expect the demographic to change, as only those that can accommodate quarantine would/should attend.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Now that Portimao is both an F1 & MotoGP circuit it might be fair to assume us TD riders are at the back of the queue.
    First time I went there last year there was an ISDT going on in the paddock. Mud and rocks everywhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. FE have some attractive weekend dates in for 2021.

16. I am on NL Portimao April 9-11th 2021. Also thinking of Portimao Feb 27th FE.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm booked on a Focused events TD at Portimao 8th May, first one abroad, be gutted if that's cancelled

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hope you get to go, its an awesome awesome circuit ......

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I'm booked on that, fingers crossed it goes ahead

20. I'm May 21/22/23 NL...Love a bit of Portimao me...:cool:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information