1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portimao Sept With Nl

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Nelson, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Booking this event for next year. NL are offering an alternative to their usual Hotel -The Jupiter.
    They're also offering accommodation at the Hotel Pestana Algarve Race, which is pretty much track-side.
    Anyone else stayed their before?
    Any good? Food ok? Alternative eating places near by?

Cheers

2. On special this weekend?

3. sadly not :(

4. Being the track is in the middle of no where, can’t imagine there will be much to do

5. There’s literally nothing at the track or for miles around, NL offer 2 hotels usually in Portimao, the Jupiter and one at the marina, the marina is very nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. We went to have a look around the Pestana last year when we were there. The hotel is nice but there is nothing else close by.
    If I only had the choice of staying there I personally wouldn't go.
    We are in the Jupiter in March.

7. The Marina isn't being offered as an option for the Sept trip, think it is for the Oct dates.
    We've elected to stay at the track one. None of use are drinkers, so not interested in night life. Liking the idea of finishing at the track, then off to the pool for an hour before dinner, nightie on, then a story and early to bed...:zzz::zzz::zzz: Rock and/or roll....:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jesus, how to spoil a Euro track trip!! :confused::poop:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Haha gotta say I'm with @Nelson on this one - minimum hassle and maximum recovery time before the next day's physical onslaught! Am completely goosed after a day on track! :cold_sweat::zzz:

10. No way!

11. I suppose we all have different ideals. Euro trips are a holiday for me and the bike riding is only equal to the social side of the event.

I meet up with friends from all over the uk that I have met through trackdays and racing over the years.

We are not huge drinkers but we do like a nice meal and a cold beer in the evenings and if someone takes their other half with them it's nice to be on the sea front.

I have been doing trackdays for so many years now that the bike riding is not the only criteria.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I’m with no guts. Same in UK, and why we do the OMCC as a group over the two days, sometimes even if not riding. I’ve also done foreign ones and not ridden, as I know the evening banter is great and we aren’t in bed by 2100...normally by 0100 ;)

13. Still have evenings out and plenty of bantering.
    Just no mammoth piss ups like some seem to enjoy.
    Defo no WAGS in attendance either. :skull:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Anywho - so anyone actually stayed there?

15. And if your girlfriend tracks her own bike, what then ? I can tell you, having Carole ride on the track days that we attend, gives me a lot of pleasure .... even if she is a better rider and more socially adept than me ! Andy

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mine doesn’t, but has been before (found it really boring mostly!) and will be coming to Brno as I had to sell in a week holiday before the trackday! But tbh she more than holds her own in any company, likes a beer and also doesn’t come to the track. Just means hookers are off the menu ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Like said above, the track is literally in the middle of no-where, so chances of there being much around there is pretty slim.
    If you want the social side with other riders, I'd guess most will stay at the Jupiter, as it's right on the beach and there's loads of good places to eat nearby.
    It's about a 20min drive from the track, so not like the hotels FE use for Almeria, which are an hour away and a pain in the arse

19. Stayed in the town twice now.
    Trying goat town this visit for convenience and save a bit of toing and froing....Cant wait :cool:
    @graeme4130 when did you go?

20. I went there on Holiday when there was a track day on, and stayed, by coincidence, in the hotel next to the Jupiter. I didn't even know there was something on until I bumped into one of the NL instructors on the beach, so took a drive up to the track and had a walk around the infield.
    Took the mrs to the track, and she flipping hated it, so that put any plans of dragging her with me to one off

Do Not Sell My Personal Information