1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Positivity For A Change

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Trickyricky, Jul 16, 2016.

1. There seems to have been a lot of negativity on the forum lately, and I'm not moaning about the moaners as they are free and right to express their disquiet. However just to add some balance I'd like to say that I have just done a 1400 mile tour to Calais euro tunnel, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Germany with my better half on the back. I have the standard dvt tour option bike with urban pack as well. Bike was fantastic everywhere 2 up fully loaded , we had bags of space. The better half was falling asleep on the back as she felt so comfy and confident even though three figure speeds on the autobahn of course were often achieved with ease. Great time on my great dvt.

• Like Like x 24
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Not surprised :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good to hear, set off on a tour to Italy next week.....can't wait now!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice one , wife and I off on our std DVT to Spain and Portugal next weekend, looking forward to it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nice. My 2200 mile Scotland tour was trouble free and epic too.

• Like Like x 5
  6. As was my 3000 mile trip round Europe with a 3 night stay in Bormio, Italy

• Like Like x 3
  7. Did you have the top box fitted ?
    The other half said she'd be happier on the back with some kind of backrest / support in place.
    Well, when I say happier....

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Wifey likes the top box on my one then again she is easy to please ( she married me with no shotguns or large dowry involved)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1

9. On my pre DVT I had to take off the back rest from the top box as wife said it was uncomfortable and pushed her forward, On the DVT she says there is a lot more room for her so back rest stays on, result!!

• Like Like x 2

10. Yes the top box was fitted, it has a nice backrest on it , she didn't like it without

• Like Like x 1
  11. Took the Dvt out yesterday with the Mrs, travelled couple of hundred miles, we both loved it! So much that I've ordered an S touring in red. Can't wait to do some proper sight seeing now

• Like Like x 2
  12. My 1100 mile trip last month in Spain was trouble free and an absolute pleasure on my 2015 DVT S too....

• Like Like x 3
  13. I rolled mine out of the garage last week and washed it, experienced no problems at all either :)

• Funny Funny x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Coming up to the 9000 mile service shortly, recent tours of Spain and Portugal, Harz mountains and Scotland have soon racked up the miles and what great miles they've been too, mostly 2 up with full luggage.
    A fantastic all round bike, even the minor niggles have not detracted from my enjoyment, especially when they are dealt with in the correct manner by my dealer, Italia-Moto in Lincoln. Far too many knockers out there expecting perfection, I'm more than happy with near perfection :grinning:!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Took the Mrs on the back of my new DVT S Touring yesterday. 250 miles covered with no moans about seating position or comfort at all. will put the top box on next time and try sport mode instead of just leaving it in touring mode all day, hopefully she will be able to stay on . Mrs is a bit of a shortarse so set suspension to 'rider only' when she was getting on and off which made it a little easier for her. Mightily impressed with the bike, looking forward to some decent tours. Might need to up the preload a bit more though as I managed to scrape the centre stand on a roundabout

• Like Like x 1
  16. Your trips all sound amazing, I couldn't imagine! Last year I went from Saskatoon SK Canada, south past Sturgis and through the Black Hills. We went through Colorado, raced up Pikes Peak, and toured all over the mountains. Then on the way home through Yellowstone. A little over 7000km, and didn't have a single issue with the DVT! Only thing I would have changed is put the 42 toother and Arrow on before the trip!

• Like Like x 5
  17. 2500 miles to mugello last month , faultless , off to loch ness glamping on it in a week wit thapple , can't wait , hope it stays dry.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Mrs, top box and panniers, part loaded all in aid of practice for a trip to Italy next month. 150 miles with sat nav set to winding roads then 150 miles on motorway. faultless day and the Mrs loves the back rest, only problem was Mrs getting on and off with top box on. Bike in for first year service next week then a few more test runs and maybe new tyres then away we go.
    Nice to read people putting good miles on with decent trips without problems

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1200Enduro two months in & 3,500+miles. Going to do a oil & filter change in another thousand halfway towards the first service. Ran perfect from day one & only the odd mishap. Keyfob went to sleep so had to rub it upagainst the bikes antenna & one morning got DSS error that has never reappeared.

• Like Like x 1
  20. 6000 miles in 2 weeks through Europe and Norway over motorways, autobahns, hairpin bends, mountain passes, gravel roads, rock paths and goat tracks. All while heavily loaded on road touring tyres and some routes I would have looked at before even taking a trail bike along them.

Only glitch was a snapped subframe bolt but I think the terrain and weight was more the cause than Ducati parts :thumbsup:

I admit to be really impressed by how well the bike coped with everything I threw at it

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information