1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Possible 749s Purchase...

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by TNR, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Hi all,

This bike has popped up locally for a decent price. The forex converts to around £4900, with a chance of negotiating lower as its been listed for a while.

I really know nothing about the Terblanche bikes, but the single swingarm here has caught my attention, along with the generally clean condition. The mods look well executed, and the service history is sound.

Is it decent value??

From the seller:

"Beautiful 2005 Ducati 749S

Maintenance just completed, new valve shims, belts, silicone hoses, complete clutch including new basket, forks rebuilt with fresh oil and seals, 1098 swingarm/wheel with Ohlins rear shock, new sprockets and chain, custom exhaust, Bestem carbon fiber fender and ram air covers, MWR performance air filters, Booster plug, New Rage Cycles integrated rear tail light and new Yuasa battery. 23,000 miles. £4900 OBO"

ad_6_1600273057811.jpg ad_3_1600273057790.jpg ad_1_1600273057783.jpg
    ad_5_1600273057795.jpg

#1 TNR, Sep 16, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
  2. The swingarm and wheel are off an 848, not 1098. I hope the stock swingarm is included in the price...

3. I think, unless you particularly like the modifications, it's a bit pricey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ok, thanks guys. I'll move on.

5. this. If he's got all the stock parts then perhaps haggle a bit to drop the price a bit.
    If it's going to the UK, then the rear light won't get through an MOT test either.

6. Mods devalue unless original bits included. its expensive and the miles are big. youd be annoyed if another one popped up 2 months down the line in original nick with fewer miles

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. It's certainly had some money and time spent on it but fairly high mileage. I wouldn't expect to get anything like that for my standard bike with only 13k miles.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Older ducatis (actually, any ducati) are uncommon in this neck of the woods to the point of rarity, but no worries I get it that this bike is not a good deal.

Many thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  9. get one from the uk shipped over? theres loads here

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. I picked up my 916 south of the border, and that's what I'd do again if the right bike came up.

Border is closed however, so no chance of that for some time!

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information