1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Possible Purchase 1198sp

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by buzz, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Hi all.
    Just asking for some advice.
    I am interested in a black 4000 mile 1198sp being sold by jemspeedshop for £11500.
    It has been on sale since the start of the year which makes me a little wary.
    Does anyone know about this model in general or even the actual bike for sale?
    Thanks in advance.
    Buzz

• Like Like x 1
  2. Just looked, looks lovely, wonder why it's not sold, is it a bit rich??

3. I think someone on here was offered it before it went there for circa £7-£8K if I remember rightly. Lovely looking bike though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I saw that on Autotrader stated as 2014 reg yet the plate clearly shows it to be a 2010 model, I think its a little over priced, looks pretty much like the 1198s just with a slipper oh and Ohlins TTX rear.

Ducati 1198 SP 1198cc
    • 2014 (14 reg)
    • 4,059 miles
    • 1198cc

Black, Here we have a fantastic rare bike, the DUCATI 1198 SP 2011 This bike has …

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. DVLA MoT history check is confusing. Says first registered 2001 which is clearly bollocks. However MoT history is more revealing, 1st MoT, shagged rear tyre after 1700 miles and (strangely for a single sided swing arm) play in rear wheels bearings. Might be low mileage but sounds as though the first miles were ridden enthusiastically. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Thanks for the replies everyone. I note you tend to think it a little overpriced.
    Can anyone with experience of an 1198sp give some pointers as to the value of a 2010 4000 mile model however vaguely.
    Thanks again

7. Does it say when 1st MOT was carried out ? will give an indication of when it was 1st registered providing MOT was carried out at bang on 3yrs old.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. June 2014. If it was MoT'd on the 3rd anniversary, that would have been an 11 plate. The 1198sp was only made for a year and I didn't think they were available until 2011 which would make the 60 plate odd ? On price, as it's been kicking around for a while it is clearly not worth £11.5k. If an S is around £9k, IMO if you are prepared to pay £10k, then offer that. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Yeah very odd the mystery deepens,

10. Not saying this is the bike, but I remember a black low mileage SP up for sale within the last two years which had had a total engine strip down and rebuild but no reason given. I texted the seller as I was genuinely interested and asked why it had been stripped at such low mileage but he never even replied (so I left it).

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Buzz, Are you planning go to see this bike in person if you are going to purchase it? If not maybe worth getting one of the guys on here to pop in and have a look,
    Just bought an unmarked immaculate bike from them (paid over top value) which turned up with a small dent in tank and rip in seat, All I got was sorry I didn't notice the dent or rip, Ive just finely managed to get a couple hundred quid out them but they were shocking to deal with, Steve the guy I was dealing with was fill of pure $hit, I phoned him around ten times over a month to resolve the matter and had been promised returned calls every time which didn't happen once, Started to get a little $hitty in the end but I finally got there, ive been biting my tongue at the moment as I'm within the warranty period but tbh ide hate to think what like they would be to have to claim warranty work,
    Saying all this but got to say they have some nice bikes.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I think @bettes has seen this in the flesh...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Saw it but didn't take much notice TBH. There was an SPS next to it! :)
    If you want, I could try and pop in over the weekend and have a scan at it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I would keep well clear of any dealer that behaves that way.
    How can you not notice!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Well over priced and a dealer that sounds like isn't that trustworthy.

Probably rebuild due to the gearbox having lunch early...the QS did for most of them ;)

If you can afford it, chuck a bit more in and but that R that's been for sale for a while :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Many thanks for all the replies and offers of help. They are really appreciated.
    Based on those I think it pretty clear that this one is a no no.
    I am in no hurry anyway.
    Thanks again all of you.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I bet they'd notice if they were buying it in! :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agree with @bradders Buy an R. It's twice the bike. :motorcycleduc:

19. Does that make it a car?
    Seriously Robarano, I could not do justice to any of the 1198 range being a very average rider, and not intending to track it. So at least I have more options that way.

20. ive got a very nice base model ive been thinking of selling for the right money :upyeah: @buzz

Do Not Sell My Personal Information