1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possibly Best Superbike Ever ?!?!?

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Broduc64, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Here's my GSXR 1000K5, has plenty of nice bits which make it an even better superbike.

Have toured Europe on it and done few Euro trackdays. It does it all.:D:D
    IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0040.JPG IMG_0041.JPG

• Like Like x 6
  2. Drag that wheel back, add the AMA swingarm pivot sleeve and its even better ;)

Nice BTW, love the ohlins and brembo conversion. Big let down point on mine was braking.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Rear of swingarm has had Harris mod, but yes I'm sure it can be improved further.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes but it is in 'Other bikes' section !! ;):D

Think my other 3 Ducati's make up for it o_Oo_O

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ducati 916sps looks, style & performance it re-wrote the superbike rule book and didn't look like a carnival with a awful multicoloured paint scheme
    Perhaps I'm biased because I've got one

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. The best superbike ever award,,,should be 1-10 for each decade only as there are so many motorcycles/manufacturers to choose from:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Would agree the K5/K6 is probably the best all round bike but would settle for a gsxr K7 750 believing the biggest engine is not always the best everyday bike.

That said, the best superbike and the best superbike for me is two very different things

• Like Like x 2
  8. I agree, technology moves on so quickly. It's like choosing the greatest rider .
    Although my bike has many mods, I'm still pleasantly surprised at how a 13yr old bike holds it's own on track with nearly all modern superbikes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Title was partly tongue in cheek, to get a reaction , ;):laughing:.

I agree Ducati specials are "Special" and that's why my Gixer is heavily modified, to make it a bit different from the UJM's.

10. I guess this comes down to the rider/skill set/experience:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. That's a big claim, when you toured Europe, did you bring some magic plants back from the Netherlands? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  12. My old K5. Fantastic machine that I kept longer than most. Could probably sell for the same now as I did a decade ago. Truly great bikes, but the best ever ??

P1020183.JPG P1020278.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  13. Best ever all round possibly....until the S1000RR came along with cruise control, heated grips, 200hp and pussy cat ride ability ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I had the K5 too. Called it “Clitoris” cos every cnut had one :)

• Funny Funny x 5
  15. Or an 05 ZX10 , they were awesome too, throttle like a switch.....:upyeah:

16. But which bike did BMW copy !!! :thinkingface::D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I love my k2 1000 it does everything I want it to do.
    20180324_123918.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  18. Lovely Ali, but what the feck is that stuck on the seat hump ??

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. for the collection of discharge;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information