1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Potentially Troublesome 821 Monster On Ebay

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by dukesox, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Just a word of warning about this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ducati-m...212793?hash=item3fd7e78079:g:yK8AAOSwwJ5eHvma

Aside from a very dodgy paint job please be wary if you are looking at this . As it is so cheap I enquired if it is HPI clear and was told that it was. I then made an offer of £3500 which was accepted and subsequently did my own HPI check which showed outstanding finance. The vendor then said he could not settle the finance but could knock the finance value off the price of the bike but it turns out the finance is for £900 more than the agreed selling price.
    I told him I would not proceed under the circumstances but the bike has now been relisted with no mention of finance outstanding.
    Still potentially a bargain if the finance can be sorted but tread carefully.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. The listing has ended now. Dunno whether it sold or was withdrawn ?

3. I hope if it is sold that the buyer does his or her homework and doesnt get stung for finance at a later stage.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. It happens..I got caught with the bike I just traded in when the dealer ran a check.

I had it (ZRX1200) for 5+ years and it had been faultless, I have ridden it all over Europe, but never knew it'd been declared a cat D back in 2004 ....If my insurance company knew, they never said anything either so it's fortunate I never needed to claim.

I am certain I ran it through the checks when I bought in 2014, but nothing came up. Either way, it just cost me an extra grand as a result to swap it for my Multi :(

( I did HPI the Multi, despite the dealer having done it too) ...once bitten and all that

5. Some might say that is life getting back at you for spoon poking badgers you know. Just sayin...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I'd look back on your credit card payments to see if you did HPI the bike. If you can prove it, they will be liable if they certified it clear of debt etc.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. I cant find receipt for last year, let alone 2014 sadly :)

Its all water under the bridge now anyway. All part of that learning curve called life ;)

8. Oh well! Next time.

9. Ebay have sent me a message saying they have withdrawn the item owing to concerns about the sellers account so good news as it seems that nobody will have been caught out this time.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information