1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Powder Coating Engine Covers - Silver Colour Ref.

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by funkatronic, Sep 28, 2020.

1. i know there is another thread running in a similar vein. cerakote looks great but its too much money
    I am in the process of sending all the engine cases on my 998s engine blasted and
    powder coated
    i'm looking for a similar finish to OEM metallic silver/grey

does anyone who has actually done this have any recommendations for powder coat colours to look for or to avoid

TIA

2. Had mine blasted and powder coated. They came out decent but I reckon they put the powder on too thick as the next time I checked on them, there was some cracking. If they put a thin layer on, they might have been ok. Metallic silver for the powder coat. You’re probably better off getting them blasted then etching primer and spray paint.

3. Did the nut turn up?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why powder coat, just leave the cases as they left the factory...bare.

5. Yeah....the 998S (not FE) are sand casted and left the factory bare....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Misunderstood! I thought you were referring to the alternator and clutch housings.

7. Main crank cases are sand-cast and will remain so. I'm wanting all rest of the covers (Inc alternator an clutch engine cover, cam covers, side plates etc ) as mine are pretty shabby looking.

8. Yes thanks today :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information