1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Powder Coating Foot Control Assembly

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Multi1971, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Sorry if this has been discussed, cant find anything specific on this - Has anyone powder coated the riders foot-peg & control mounts? Im going to change my pedal / selector & front and rear foot-pegs for something like the Gilles set and want the mounts to match, all in Black.

Any good feedback on particular hard wearing coating spec would be great as its in the area of the bike where it will get exposed more than others.

All feedback mush appreciated guys.

Lee

DVT '17 Pikey

2. You should be fine with any modern powder coat finish. If you explain to the powdercoater what you need, they will be able to suggest something appropriate. If you can, try to use a local powder coater that does a lot of motorcycle parts as they will be more careful about masking off of any parts that need it. You will also get the parts back sooner.

Also, bring in the part you want colour matched. It may be that the powder coater suggests you do all the parts in one colour. 'Black' is not just 'black' when it comes to RAL codes.

If you can't find anyone local, then Aerocoat and CSP do very good work.

3. I wonder with the rearsets being aluminium, if gilles powder coat or anodize their goodies?

4. It's on my list of things to do as mine looks terrible.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Done the belly pan & termi heat deflector & they are perfect still. Obviously need to remove rubber on gear selector (simple job).

#4 GunZenBomZ, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. It looks like Gilles anodise their stuff, according to a quick product description I found online.

Hopefully the OP will post whatever they do once it is done.

6. I’m going to do this at the end of the season. It makes such a difference.

7. I saw on another thread that there were (are?) some CNC rearsets, but i think just blacking the silver bits plus Gilles will work nicely.... Not home for another 2 weeks so it'll be a months or so to get them done (cant waste days off and not riding!)

8. D931EBFC-C82C-42F0-AB65-4882B7472B1A.jpeg

I did mine and very happy with the results.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. YES! thats the badger.... Thanks for sharing. Any tips on the actual coating product, thickness etc? Looks great... I have my hand-guards black with CF top pieces too... great minds etc...

10. I’ve got black gilles on mine. I had the original pillion hangers anodised black to match. It came out a grey-black. Must be type of ally they’re made from. Ended up powder coating them.

11. I got everything done by Triple S in Bingley. They are well known for bike stuff and the finish was satin black.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Id say use cerakote....thinner, more durable and so thin you wont have to mask anything off...

13. Cheers... ill take a look at that.... weigh up time and costs... looks like it may be pricey... One thing my local PC shop will do it get a good surface profile through grit blasting, to ensure the best adhesion. Maybe i can try it on one of the footpegs first....but i guess 4 footpegs + the mounts for rider will cost me no more than 100 euro's... Keep ya posted.

14. They look cheap enough...postage would kill me though. :-( Be good to know what product they use.... To check against my Spanish firm.

15. what fork protection?

16. Don’t know if you mean the öhlins sticker, but other than that, it’s standard.

17. Yeah, its just a sticker then.... though it was a skin... just bought some 3M Helicopter Tape to protect my fork fronts from stone chips and damage... My Aprilias all came with it on. Just thought Ohlins made one too.... Cheers mate

Do Not Sell My Personal Information