1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Commander Or Dp Race Ecu

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by scotty663, May 27, 2014.

1. Ive just bought my hyper 1100S and im trying to decide which route to go with it. I cant decide which way to go with the exhaust either termi, zard or arrow. Its going to boil down to which is more flexible for remapping, the dp race ecu that comes with the termis or a power commander. Any ideas?! I will eventually be doing a few more engine tweeks, cone filters and if i can find them some dp racing cams! Although they seem as rare as hens teeth!

Quick pic of the old girl!
    [​IMG]

#1 scotty663, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  2. speak to cjs racing in bristol he'll be able to give you loads of info on remapping your bike and what exhaust to fit.

3. Pic of my Hyper EVO SP, full system with ECU and Power Commander. Rear end assembled by a "Bell End" which I corrected today.

My Hyper.jpg

4. Looks good, but i fancy one of these
    [​IMG]

Hence trying to work out if a race ecu or power commander with the standard ecu would be best. Ill probably be dropping an open air filter in as well.

5. Looks nice, bet it sounds very nice

6. 20140315_140908.jpg
    As cookster said....take it to CJS, its a night and day change. Theres mine before and after plus on top of the fueling he also did:

1. Removed o2 sensor connection (they can be unplugged)
    2. Extended the redline from 8.5k to 9 (before it hits the limiter)
    3. Blanked off flapper valve (motor can then be unplugged)

On top of all of that it uses a lot less fuel now as well. Id say the main difference is slow speed crawling through traffic....instead of the engine "hunting" ie going up and down the gears, pulling the clutch in all the time...that's all gone...coupled with the clutch slave cylinder its perfect for heavy traffic now...

As you can see from the dyno output he got the best gains in the midrange torque....the fun area....

The only thing is....is do all the engine mods your going to do before he gets it as if you mod the engine after itll have to be dyno'd again....

The main reason he get such good results is he maps each cylinder individually, he says (and I totally believe him) that this is the best way to map them as the rear cylinder will perform differently to the front.

Don't even bother with the race ecu - a custom map is far superior to a race ecu.

#6 comfysofa, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  7. Bristols a bit of a way for me from barnsley. Need to save up and get everything bought and fitted first before sending her away for mapping. Might be worth the trip if i cant find anyone nearer.

8. Can Ducati John in Leeds do it?

9. Don't bother with a PC.

Direct remapping of the ECU can control far more parameters than a PC is able to access.

10. have a power commander on my SS

not impressed with it, first one fried itself, 2nd is not clever an fueling below 3000 suspect

when this one dies are going to look at alternatives, if it was easy to sort out the ignition I'd change to mikuni carbs

11. I spoke with CJS regarding my 848 and he told me that the DP ECU is a waste of time, just get him to remap the standard ECU?

I have just fitted my pipes and actually the bike is smoother to ride without remapping but it does feel a bit down on power in the mid range; I would say go down the proper remap route.

12. I know but its worth it....Chris has an edge above anyone else that I know as he has access to stuff on the ducati ecu which im not sure anyone else has....

13. I know but its worth it....

14. Hmmm ive heard that else where. I'll have to see how much it will be to transport it down, not riding it all that way think my balls will vibrate to dust......

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just make short stops...stop in each services.....but, youll be laughing like a girl all the way home....im quite lucky as I only live about 15 mins away from them which is ironic as once it was done I didn't want to get off of it......alternatively hire a van and drive it down...

16. Oh yeah - I notice you have stock end cans - definitely gut them before you get any dyno work done....once gutted if you get it dyno'd and then want to change the tail pipes then it wont affect the custom mapping nearly as much - also get rid of the cat as well....I got a decat from here...

Ducati Hypermotard 1100 Catalytic Converter Cat Eliminator Mid decat Y Pipe CA10 | eBay

I took a punt on this but it turned out to be a good buy....well made, high quality of welding - very tidy, fitted perfectly. Its been on there for the best part of a year now and has weathered very well...half the price of the next cheapest - I think the leo vince one is about 180ish...

oh yeah - drill the top of the airbox out as well...

17. I found it not too bad on a long journey. came back to Heysham from TT only stopped once in mid Wales for fuel and mcd's. I couldn't really move about much either with all my luggage :)

18. Were you on the 796 with "Medic" slapped on the front??

19. I think im going to go for an mwr open filter, the one that gets rid of the top of the airbox. They sound fricking awesome! Possibly the sc projects exhaust i posted earlier in the thread or an arrow full system with short cans. Cant decide yet! Plus i need to save for them and a week stint in vegas in september so possibly doing it over the winter! Oh and the obligatory slipper clutch and quick shifter just for the noise!

From there possibly next year i think ill look into some form of high comp pistons and cams.

20. I had an MWR filter on my old hyper (I had an 1100s, got rid of it and wished I hadn't and got the evo..) - nice but a pain in the arse to clean....if youre gonna spend the dosh go for individual pods....waspworks or something like that....

21. Hmmm that wasp PUK kit looks ace, however its bloody expensive! Is there not an alternative uk company or supplier that produces something simillar to their kits?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information