1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Power Ext Cable

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Gordon Watson, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Blimey thats a bit steep.

Regards Steve

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. I bought one of these from my Ducati dealer. It blew up and melted and blew the fuse on the bike. They replaced it, no issues, but I dare not use the replacement one. It's nasty and cheap and there are probably better, cheaper and safer items out there.

3. Blew up, that's a bit scary think I'll look for an other alternative. Appreciate the feed back.

4. I fitted mine to my tank bag but I got electrical problems in France (total electrical shutdown on the motorway at about 90MPH). After it happened 4 times I disconnected it all and didn't use it again!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Normally a good range of leads on the Nippy Norman website

• Like Like x 1
  6. I bought a hella din plug to twin standard 12v outlets with coiled lead from Maplin years ago. Put a USB adapter into one of the sockets and it lived in my handlebar bag powering my phone. Never had any problems but that was on my R1150GSA. I've changed it over to my Enduro last week for the same purpose and hopefully the same long service

• Like Like x 1
  7. I made one up with a lead and usb hub off eBay cost £10 all in no issue as yet !!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wow. The bag and connector only coast about a tenner more than that!!

Make your own for very little money. I made one for under the seat hella plug to run a cam or othe device. Easy :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Agree Bradders. The ducati option is a nice little ducati badged givi clip on tank bag and wiring connects through a leccy connector in the tank bag to the din socket on the bikes dash.
    And enough curent to charge my Samsung note 4 relatively quickly.

10. Update - I've had a replacement Ducati USB hub sitting in my workshop, unused for about 9 months. I'm off to Germany at the weekend and couldn't find the cable and adapter I previously had so thought I'd give the replacement a go. What could possibly go wrong? Lightning doesn't strike twice right?

Wrong. Connected it with no devices plugged into the USB hub and within 5 seconds there was a flash and smoke. Luckily this time it didn't blow any fuses on the bike.

Avoid the Ducati USB hub in much the same way that you wouldn't put a nest of vipers down your pants.

11. I spent £5 on a dual USB thing from eBay. It lived on the multi for a year and is now on my KTM with no issues.

Also booked one up on a fellow forum dweller's multi just before he went touring and he messaged afterwards to say how it had been faultless.

The Ducati one is offensive for something so easy to knock up.

12. I just went and got a Hella DIN to dual USB plug adapter and I'll just run my USB cable from that straight into my tank bag. It's not a waterproof solution so I'll just have to stop and remove the cable if it rains, no biggie.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information