1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Power For Satnav

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by panigale66, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Besides hooking up to my battery is there any power points I can take electrical feed for satnav?

Rich

2. As long as you don't have the Ducati Data Analyser (DDA) fitted then there is the connector for this which provides perm +12V, switched +12v and earth behind the upper left side fairing, you can see it in my pic where I picked up a feed for some accessories.

Hope this helps!

20170905_170721_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Do you already have a pig tail attached to the battery for charging ? Wired a sat nav powered holder for Carole's Diavel and ran the power feed down to the charging pig tail with the same plug end. Find it works really well and if anything goes wrong with the sat nav holder, you've not got a potential permanent drain. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Great idea

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. C9037708-05A7-48B4-8DD4-B0DC753EB866.jpeg 461AEC20-58C3-4E31-A246-240F57673F6B.jpeg Anybody know where I can get the connectors think it’s the male end for the connector block?

6. I presume red is positive and the black is negative?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. That was my plan until I took all the fairings off and located the GPS wire, plus there is loads of room under the headlight for the wiring and transformer for my satnav

• Like Like x 1
  8. 51855C5B-03C0-4673-892B-04B8E7CBCC97.jpeg 9FDB5AAB-4085-4A21-9BB0-70EF193CDEC8.jpeg D4F093F8-6C5C-4BB6-8CDB-412D1B58AE79.jpeg 4E4CFC24-0111-4DE3-8CB4-EAD217059055.jpeg All fitted this morning and working off the ignition switch, the wire is hidden under the cup holder until required.

Cheers for the help Rich

• Like Like x 2
  9. So the way to do it is too buy the white male socket and wire the pos and neg into that connector ? ......... sorry to sound dumb but electrics are not my strong suit............ or buy the Optimate adaptor ?
    I'm going to have a good go at the weekend. Thanks for all the advice, very much appreciated

#12 mew, Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  10. TomTom kit arrived so this is the weekend for a go at installing and trying to find the this spare lead. Just need the new touring screen to arrive and that's me safely out of mrs mew's way on Saturday :upyeah::):motorcycleduc:

no doubt a bit of new tool shopping will be involved ...........................

• Like Like x 1
  11. I can’t remember the exact colours of the wires to use but there are four wires going in to that connector pretty sure the negative is black in colour and sure only one of the wires is live when the ignition is switched on hope that helps, I also split the power lead to the satnav so I could remove it when not in use

Rich

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. I'm going to start to remove the panels on Saturday so will post how it all went, screen isn't due until March !
    Have to order that connector .... the TomTom lead has a little connector on the lead but it's only going to fit a TomTom unit, .Its a little two prong type thing. I did see some where there was two taped up wires which can be used but this was on a Daviel, same location tho..

13. Lead fitted but direct to the battery, no sign of the spare connector. Not an issue as I always take the sat nav off the bike and the Tomtom has a small plug to connect to. Looks ok , cable routed out of sight so hopefully all's good IMG-20200119-WA0008.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information