1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Power Lead For Tank Bag

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Bocker, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Hey All,

Got my new 1260s on Friday last week, awesome bike I like the improvements they have made to the bike :)

I do however have one tiny problem. May tank bag (the Givi one from the urban pack of the last model) doesn't have a power lead anymore as I left it on the old bike (Doh).
    Was told to get one that fits into the mini lighter socket on the new 1260.

Does anyone know where I could get one of these without have to buy the new 1260 power pack for the mad price of £85?

I do not need the usb block just the cable from the mini lighter socket to the outside of the tank bag

2. May be worth a ebay search, see if you can find the components and make your own :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. I don't think that's what he want bradders, you have to run a lead from the battery for that set up.
    I think he wants a lead that runs from the hella socket in the fairing, which is what I'm looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for taking a look Bradders, but as Broke mentioned that isn't what I am looking for.
    After a lead I can plug in to the mini cigarette lighter socket on the front righthand side of the bike.

I have a piece of paper somewhere with a picture of what I am after, Unfortunately it has no part numbers listed on it. I will post a pic of it when I find it.

5. You could simply wire to a din plug. I bought one for under a fiver

6. This is what I am looking for.
    Happy to give it a go at making one, however what are the ends known as?

I can find the lighter plug end on line but not yet found the other end.

15330183737911794379251807446125.jpg

7. look at give for spares as they actually make the kit for ducati but sell it themselves for a lot less. for example the power hub kit can be bought for around £50

8. Its a hella accessory plug, and the other smaller connector is called a co-axial DC power connector.
    They come in different diameters and current ratings.
    If you have one that you need to get the matching half to, the important thing is the diameter (and length) of the central pin.

Maplins used to sell them for not very much money. RS still sell them but a bit more spendy. Mouser sell them too, no idea on price as I dont use them.
    No doubt they are available on the bay too.

Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. don't forget the weatherproof cover that slides over the DC connector and into the bulkhead fitting through the tank bag

• Like Like x 1
  10. Managed to get a hella plug for £7 and reused my old power lead from my 2015 Multistrada. Saved myself £78

20180802_220740.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Managed to get a hella plug for £7 and reused my old power lead from my 2015 Multistrada. Saved myself £78 View attachment 125973

Do Not Sell My Personal Information