1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pragmasis Anti-pinch Pin

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by LiveFast......, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Hi folks

I wasn’t sure whether to post this under the equipment section but it’s of specific interest to 899 and 959 owners so put it here.

Just had some fun fitting a new ground anchor and thought I’d share. Went with the Pragmasis setup because of the difficulty of finding something to pass the lock through on the 959.

It took forever to drill into the garage floor as I hit a piece of aggregate on the 2nd hole that destroyed several bits before I finally made it though. Only to find the depth of concrete wasn’t enough! Having spent so much time I was unwilling to give up on my hard won holes...... no comments please! So I stuffed some bubble wrap in to stop the resin cartridges dropping through and carried on regardless. Needless to say the next morning a firm tug in the anchor saw movement. :rolleyes:

A trip to Toolstation for a big tube of resin and a some more tugging :)imp:) and 24 hours later I have a solidly anchored bike. If you need to secure a Panigale I would recommend this gear.

03D1F635-283C-484A-A318-F462B5F467A7.jpeg BC4FD49C-2DD6-4CBE-B230-5F31A8DD620E.jpeg 56BA5911-16B3-4140-85D6-EDBDA8999BC6.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Why is this just specific to an 899 or 959? My neighbour has one and he rides a BMW XR.

Thread moved.

3. Sorry the pin I bought was advertised as 899 specific so that was my thinking

4. Yep, I’ve had a Anti pinch pin + ground anchor and Pragmasis chain for a few years now. Had it on my Multistrada initially but now use it on other bikes. The pin length is specific to bikes, but the one I bought for the Multistrada also fits BMW + my Monster etc. Great bits of kit. Recommended.

5. Nice bit of kit & saves any potential damage to the rim with this method as opposed to threading a almax chain through,but the downside is that you've to park the bike in correct place all the time with such a short length chain.

6. You’re right about having to park the bike in a specific spot and if I was using the bike daily then it would be a pain. However the Ducati tends to sit there most of the time so it was a conscious decision to make is awkward as possible to get at.
    The short chain prevents it trailing on the ground and the small gap between the bike and the wall just makes it difficult to attack. Not locking through the wheel also has the added bonus that they can’t just remove the wheel and take the rest of the bike.
    I know nothing can truly prevent scumbags if they are well prepared and persistent but the combination of locks, alarm, and CCTV that I can remotely monitor from work gives me some peace of mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information