1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pragmasis Roundlock On Stock V4s Brake Discs?

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by dudicus, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Hello,

I'm looking for some security products and saw the Pragmasis Roundlock (https://securityforbikes.com/proddetail.php?prod=RoundLock) looks pretty good. It's just hard to tell if it will fit the discs on the bike.

The product page states:
    "This lock can also sometimes be used as a motorcycle disc lock - Check that you have a suitable opening that will take the 21mm diameter shackle in your brake disc or disc carrier and that there is clearance behind the disc for the lock to sit. Sometimes spokes or the wheel hub are too close for the lock to fit in the gap. When it fits your disc, you can then use this with a chain when at home and as a disc lock when out and about."
    Also quite hard to find exact dimensions of the holes in the discs.

Has anyone tried using these and know if they are compatible with the stock discs, front/rear?

P.S. If you also have spoked wheels that would be useful to know as well.

#1 dudicus, Aug 6, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
  2. Nope, undo your brake disc screws with an allen key and wheel it off......

3. They don't pass through the holes in my disks (950s).

4. Thanks for the info Burnsey. Just so I understand you correctly, do you mean you are able to use the lock successfully? I wasn't sure if you meant the lock is too big so you can't put it through the hole, or too small that it falls through the hole.

5. No, I can't use it on the disk as it will not pass through.

I've two chains and two locks when the bike is in the garage, one front and one rear, both with ground anchors - a bit OTT, but it makes me settled.

6. Okay thanks for the info. Looks like the front disks are slightly different in the 950 vs v4 (rears looks the same) but I'll definitely confirm they are going to fit before I buy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stuff like this isn’t much good at stopping your bike getting nicked - just a warning.

you’d be better off with a prag or Almax chain and attaching it to something immovable / a ground anchor.

i can lift a sports bike on my own. For two blokes it’s a doddle

8. Sure, thanks. I'll be securing it with multiple devices/chains.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think Ducati use security bolts to secure the discs to the wheel, as when you try to remove them at least one of the bolts rounds off requiring a large engineering facility to complete removal......

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Exactly. I bench press sports bikes down the gym. Easy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. I am a large engineering facility

12. I also have a question along these lines -

I have a V4S MTS ordered, arriving v soon also with spoked wheels.
    Does anyone know if the Pragmasis 22mm chain (or perhaps the Oxford Beast) will clear between the spokes without problems?

13. what you need is a Pragmasis anti pinch pin to go through the spokes to the chain. It’s much easier than trying to feed a chain through

14. I'm now answering my earlier post - having bought the products and finally knowing the answer! - in case it may be useful to others.
    As BDG rightly says the Anti Pinch pin is the answer.

David at Pragmasis has been very helpful in getting me to select the right products.

However the Anti pinch pin actually goes through the rear axle. It doesn't have to go through the spoked part of the wheel at all.
    With the correct Squire lock and the 22mm Titan chain it all fits perfectly snugly.
    All I am waiting on now is the "Super" Pin which is apparently made specially for the MTS - it's basically the same as the one I have now but is stronger (and 20 or 30 quid more expensive)

15. .....Oh.. and by the way - I suspect that if I really tried very hard I could probably get the 22mm chain between the spokes but I really wouldn't want to try - I would almost certainly damage something in the process - something expensive. I was skeptical about the Anti Pinch pin but now I'm using one I can confirm it's the way to go.

16. Thanks for the info, I think I'll go this route too. Only problem is I currently live in Germany and they don't ship them here at the moment thanks to brexshit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. For clarity, it's only the 22mm Anti Pinch pin that will go through the MTSV4 rear spindle. Same as for the 950/V2/Enduro/899/etc.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information