1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Preload - On Rhs Fork Leg

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Before you all have a go at me, I can't find the definitive answer on the search facility, so a very quick question, is the general opinion a 1/4 or a 1/2 turn per 15kg of body weight on the passive leg from fully out position ? Just a rough guide as the front end straight out of the box is the only criticism I have of this newer model ? Thx in advance
    Wayne

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. 1/2 turn in per 15kg from fully out

3. Thanks mate, most excellent :upyeah:

4. Does anyone know if that's the same for the Ohlins in the DVT PIkes Peak?

5. I'm gonna guess not as it is a fully passive system. In my limited experience, its best to pay 50 quid or so and have it set up. More speed racing did my ZZR 1400 after have BST carbon wheels fitted, which obviously upset the settings due to their low unsprung mass, and the transformation after they had it for an hour was staggering. Totally different bike :upyeah:

6. Are you sure it's 15KG for half a turn?

I thought the S was 15KG for a complete turn

So fully out is 0 KG

Fully in (10 turns) is 150 KG

I can not see it in manu all but that's what's posted on here previously

I am interested as my 2017 DVT is bumpy at front at high speed on or off brakes and my 2015 did not do this.

I have set preloaded to 7 turns 105 KG

7. I did say the other day I couldn't remember of full or half, but defo not 1/4 lol

I'd suspect pikes peak will be that same if the spring rate and level of adjustment is :)

Give it a go!!

8. Hey look, when I've slept, it's gone ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. So, its definitely a 1/4 or a 1/2 or a full turn then ? Excellent, job jobbed then !! ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. I paid to have my 2016 DVT S suspension set-up at the recent Ducati Silverstone trackday. I'm about 90Kg and they set the front pre-load on 6 full turns. Also the rear Pre-preload via the dash was set at 16. The bike is now far more balanced and not so "light" at the front at speed. This was a big improvement over my thumb in the air attempt, the bike is far more planted on the straight and in the turn.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Thanks, I'm approx 85kg so close enough, so that's 6 in from fully out, OK, will give that a go. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  12. For what its worth, they also set the damping via the dash at "Hardest" for both front and rear. This is perfect for the track and smooth roads but I found a little harsh for the roads in my area. So I have set up Sport mode at "Hardest" for front and rear. Touring & Urban mode at "default" front and rear. This IMHO works well giving you choice depending on how you want to ride on the day/conditions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Think 1/2 or full turn....or could be 1/8th on the likes leak ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. ....... and that will be £59 thanks ;)

#15 IanR, Jul 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  15. If you think it thru logically (now I have...) it's has to be 1 turn as it's a c150kg capacity with 10 turns capability. And I know if 15kg per something....I did mine at 7 and it works OK even at a bit heavier than I was then :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Bargain, cheques in post, many thanks :upyeah:

17. Cheers bradders, knew we would get there in the end, never doubted you.

PS, looked at Nav max mph today following my private road antics, 147 indicated was 139 on nav. Laters, snooze time as on nights. :(

18. That's not bad actually

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OK, set at 5 1/4 turns in tonight for ride to work, for my 82kg weight (weighed tonight), and many thanks to you all for helping, bike feels a zillion percent better on the front, will play with back in dash tonight, cheers all.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information