1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressure Washer Purchase And Hose Advice Pls..

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Noods, May 8, 2018.

1. Question with a difference I will grant you.

Thinking about getting a K2 Karcher pressure washer to make life a little easier with chores... anyone any advice on these I’ve read some good reports on them.. I don’t need anything too large ..

Also anyone possibly reccomend a good TAnGLE free hose system.. ? I like most people cannot stand the tangles and kinks etc the hard plastic type normally end up like...

Hopefully there’s a better option out there which you might recommend ..

Many thanks

X

2. Karcher are good, I have one!

Tangle free system? Mine has a tangle three system - the water hose tangles up with the power cable which tangles up with the wand hose!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. B&Q doing basic k2 with lance for £60 iirc.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have a Karcher genuine lance c/w hose and a hose extension too.

I can't say that it's ever bothered me too much as I unroll them when I want to use it and roll them back up when finished. The hoses seem a little stiff to be wound on a reel, but i could be wrong.

If it's the feed hose you are talking about. I have a Hozelock system, which generally works OK.

#4 Robarano, May 8, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I’ve got a hozelock hose and it’s pretty good so far.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Don't forget if you have the upgraded membership with the Halfords card, to check Halfords on prices too

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hi Noods
    I bought my Karcher from their factory outlet shop years ago and they deliver.
    You can buy brand new/seconds/ refurbished by the factory etc at quiet significant savings.

Think this is the place here
    LINKY

• Like Like x 2
  8. Just purchased the top of the domestic range one, Karcher K7.
    About £400, sold the patio cleaner bit on ebay £65 and tomorrow I can apply for my £50 cash back May deal.
    Amazing bit of kit for less than £300.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well, one thread up you’ll find the bigger one for sale.
    C4C77DD5-C807-43E1-A89E-214952BFF1ED.png
    I’ve the K2 and it suits my needs perfectly. I clean the vehicles with it as well as driveway etc. Copes well. I love the soap attachment and give the bike an absolute coating in that before attaching with the sponge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I bought a Nilfisk C110 a few years ago, think they are about £85 which includes several attachements including the patio cleaner thingy. I had a karcher originally but it packed up after 2 years so decided to try a different brand, so far so good.

11. I've had a couple of DIY-grade Karchers and mine packed up after a couple of years as well. There's a big online spare parts market for Karcher products and in my experience you tend to need them. I could never get mine to drain fully and in winter both got frost damaged, even in the garage.
    Also bought the Nilkisk and four years later still going strong. Touch wood it has never suffered in the frost.

The springy pressure hoses are a pain but I've always just about managed to coil up the Nilfisk's when not in use and get it to stay in place on the machine. It falls over all the time though and the spare nozzle tends to get dislodged and it could do with a longer power lead, otherwise no complaints.

12. Noods there's a lot of different Karcher models out there, and the differences appear to be the tools provided. Mines a K4, 130 bar water pressure that cleans moss off tarmac without hesitation. For car cleaning I turn it down! £160ish at Amazon.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  13. My K2 got frost damaged this Winter.
    The bottom high pressure elbow must have had an invisible split in it from residual water and extreme cold.
    Got a new one for 15 quid and I was away.
    Easy job.

14. It must be a design feature as mine does the Karcher Octopus too!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Kranzle....buy once never ever replace....

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. K2 is Ok for outside jobs but the lance lacks control for colonic irrigation . Took me 2 weeks to dry out

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. The K5 has a built in Hose and mains cable management... awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Got an older Kärcher K5 Premium eco version because it had a fitting system so you could suck soapy water from a bucket. And one of my long-term projects is a lorry conversion and I won't have access to a house-hold mains tap.

If money were no problem I'd get a Kärcher HDS hot water pressure washer. We've got three on the farm I'm on & they are brilliant for cleaning trailers/tractors/cars of dirt & grime. Before doing a deep clean job'

Do Not Sell My Personal Information