1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pressure Washers

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by carson, Apr 5, 2019.

1. With it coming into the summer (kind of) I'm needing a new pressure washer to clean the decking and the patio.

Can anyone recommend a decent pressure washer? Not looking for something cheap that's going to need replacing again next year like my last one, but at the same time I don't want to spend 3 million quid.

It'll mainly be used for the garden and cleaning the car. Be idea if it had some sort of patio cleaning attachment or are they poor?

Cheers

2. Karcher, had mine for years.
    It’s duties are car washing and patio cleaning.
    Never gone wrong, can’t fault it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Which model is it? Been told that there's good and bad Karchers? Some of them use plastic internals that aren't up to the job?

4. Karcher K2 for me. Used it for a couple of years now with no issues

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nilfisk for me had mine 5 years and used every weekend, not a expensive one about £110 at the time, I like the fact it has a wheel roll for the hose to keep it all tidy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Karcher industrial, the cheaper versions are not made as well and have a limited life, parts are hard and extremely expensive and they change models every 5 years or less because of this. I have been a Karcher dealer many years ago and have bought, mended serviced lots. Like many brands nowdays the name got diluted like Dewalt and so on.
    I just bought my dad a new Karcher as his 7 year old K2 died and parts were not worth buying. I got him a HD5/11P industrial unit so I don't have to waste money throwing old expensive to repair units away. Incidentally my two Karchers that I bought in 1996 are still going and parts are easy to get .
    https://www.trafalgarcleaningequipm...cher-cold-water-pressure-washer-cleaners.html

• Like Like x 1
  7. Karcher K2 here, I'm on my second and it seems to get tired after doing a couple of bikes and attempting the car. Not a recommend from me, although I'll likely stick with Karcher but get an industrial one further down the line.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I had a Bosch which was mid price range/expensive and only lasted about 20 hours use before the main casing cracked now use a cheapo Titan one which has lasted at least the same time and was half the price

9. A hot pressure washer will work wonders over a cold one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Karcher K4.

I have a big tarmac rear ex garden. Really shady and ideal for thick moss. Karcher takes it back to black like a hot knife through butter. Plus bike cleaning, car, fencing etc etc Three years old now, paid £170ish No complaints at all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. That's the one I was looking at on the B&Q website

• Like Like x 1
  12. https://www.kaercher.com/uk/home-ga...-premium-full-control-plus-home-13171360.html
    [​IMG]

early 2018 purchase of a K7 with blu-tooth wand Paid about £480, then sold the patio cleaner attachment on Ebay, then got £100 cash back.... So under £300...
    Brilliant bit of kit..... will remove paint from walls and floors if you use the wrong setting...... nine power levels....
    We use every week to clean filters on huge AC systems, softest setting....
    Love the soap dispenser, but we buy soap in 50L containers.. then decant down.
    Faultless to date. Used for 45 minutes a time, no over heating.

The Kärcher K 7 Premium Full Control Plus Home is our most powerful pressure washer, with all the outdoor cleaning power you need. It includes our latest cleaning innovation - a 3-in-1 Multijet lance that can be adjusted between vario lance, dirt blaster and detergent application settings. The pressure for each setting or the detergent dosage is easy to regulate with the simple buttons and LED display on our touch control trigger gun, and the hose is stored on a handy reel, with on-board storage for all other tools. The Plug and Clean detergent system makes applying detergent mess-free and easy. This model also includes a Home Kit, with a T450 Patio Cleaner for hard surfaces like decks and patios, and a 1L bottle of Stone and Facade detergent. There's also an 10m high pressure hose to give you plenty of reach, and a state-of-the-art long-life water-cooled motor that gives extra durability and outstanding performance, backed by the Kärcher 5 year warranty.

#12 AirCon, Apr 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Bought a brand new K7 2 years ago IIRC £430.
    At first use the detergent was pouring out under the machine. Took it back to shop and got a brand new unit...this one would change pressure randomly or it will just go full pressure and cannot set back unless I unplug the machine and leave to rest for couple of minutes. (definitely not overheating)
    Think next one will be some sort of Ryobi or similar brand for 1/4 of the price...and 2 years warranty.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. It's difficult to make a decision which way to go. Quite a few varying opinions

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Not Stihl!!

I don't mind spending too much as I use it for work but have been through 3 Stihl washers in no time, awful bloody machines, avoid!

• Like Like x 1
  16. KRANZLE K10 TST job DONE!!! never ever need to buy another...not cheap but the best never is people...ULTRA quiet, tiny package that packs a punch....NO OTHER machine comes close....

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information