1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview Ducati My2020: Monster 1200 S Becomes "black On Black"

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Borgo Panigale (Bologna, Italy), 12 September 2019 – Ducati looks to 2020 with the presentation of a new colour scheme for the Monster 1200 S. For this coming season, in fact, the most iconic naked will feature a "Black on Black" livery with alternating gloss black and matt black parts. The Monster 1200 S will also remain available in traditional Ducati Red.

This all-new colour scheme combines two classic Monster hallmarks: sport performance - accentuated by the flash of red on the rims - and sheer style, as brought out by the black. First launched in 1993, the Monster has defined the Sport Naked segment ever since. Today's version continues to express the very essence of this category to maximum effect.

The Monster 1200 is equipped with an up-to-the-minute Testastretta 11° DS engine, capable of delivering 147 hp at 9,250 rpm and a full yet linear torque curve; that power is safely handled at all times by the Ride by Wire system and inertial platform, which provide ABS Cornering, Traction Control and Wheelie Control functions.

The exclusive S version sharpens that Monster sports performance to an even finer edge thanks to a 48 mm Öhlins fork and rear Öhlins monoshock, both fully adjustable. Awesome braking is provided by two 330 mm Brembo discs at the front working in concert with Brembo M50 monobloc calipers. The Monster 1200 S also features wheels with three Y-spokes, a carbon fibre front mudguard, a headlight characterised by the DRL (Daytime Running Light) and LED indicators. Completing the as-standard equipment is the up & down quickshifter.

The Monster 1200 S with the new "Black on Black" livery will be available at Ducati dealers from the end of September with an SRP of £14,895.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shit the bed, I'm getting old :eek:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Mmmm! Pretty.

4. The London version will be known as, "Operation Trident"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I hope I'm never that old!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. What’s Karachi done to deserve another kicking?

7. Looks good, looks a cool road bike :upyeah:

8. This didn’t come up when I googled Black on Black!

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. What's the competition price from say truimph for example,,,is this reasonable or ridiculous:thinkingface:

10. SRP £14895 is less that the RRP (£15095) for the current 1200 S.

11. Rather buy the v4 streetfighter looks 10x better

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Hmmm, fair one

13. @Robarano I wonder if they will they do a UK only Nero on Nero special limited edition...………… :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Lets hope it doesn't also cost 50% more.

15. :eyes:

16. Word on the street is that’ll come in around £16-18k

• Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Will there be variants, like S and standard etc?

18. Aren’t there always?

19. Dunno, that's why I asked.

20. Rather spend the extra couple of grand for the v4 street fighter

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information