1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Prices Of 998s's

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Dr.D, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Hi chaps,
    So I am tempted to get a 998S I have seen, bear in mind its a few years since I bought my 998. I have been offered a 998S, 54mm full termi system, oem monoposto tail ( original biposto ), 1 owner, fsh, 12k miles, that about it for £9.5k is that reasonable these days?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. If it's a proper yellow one then not too far off, if red knock a lot off :):upyeah:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. A yellow one, nah, that would be silly ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 748R's and 998's should be yellow, not 748/996 Red :yum

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I saw that one, the seller has some amazing bikes but they are all priced pretty high

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. They are only going one way in value, so if it checks out buy it - but barter anyway :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. They are climbing faster than 851/888's I think - and are several years younger in the value cycle too :thinkingface:

8. To educate myself, and possibly others, @Exige what is it about 998S’s that’s causing their value to rise? Scarcity? Ought I perhaps swap my 748 for one? TIA

9. Imagine because last of the 916/996/998 shape & better engine maintenance wise. 2002 998s is rumoured to have most of 996r enternals, but maybe a bit of bullshite there.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Because he's thinking of selling one.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ;)
    Ahhh. Of course. Thanks for the heads up/warning.

12. Think it 996sps internals actually, but like some say this is bullshite

13. I don't have one :) the nearest I have is a 998 Base Model with factory S engine kit (which was available back in the day) so shallow sump but as an S (oh, and a 996R :) )

Reason for value increase: last of the shape loved by Australians and with the 999 engine due to the 999 launch delaying - so best engineering package in the old shape...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. What about the 998 fe not sure if that had any goodie’s on it but they are a bit rare.

15. Ohlins forks & deep sump engine, go for strong money £14k ?

16. Exige, when they were 998 with a factory S kit, but shallow sump like yours. Does it have S on the log book etc, or just 998? This one is log book 998S-BIP02, just wondering if I need to take the panel off to check its a deep sump proper S. It does have the carbon lower fairing, ohlins steering damper etc. Which I presume the factory kit S didn't? Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  17. check sump I'd say

Do Not Sell My Personal Information