1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Pricing Help Please - 2016 Panigale R

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Dremmel, Mar 26, 2019.

1. I have my eyes on one these that is a finance repossession going to auction.

1200 miles on the clock and spotless. Have never taken part in an auction before and will obviously be up against dealers who do it every week.

So what do people think dealers will pay for this wholesale and how far over that to go?

2. There’s a 2017 on eBay, only one, and it’s 25k (!). Wouldn’t surprise me if auction hits 20, if everything is there.

Not many of these available, don’t know how many sold but I’m waiting for them to hit 17k (like earlier ones)

3. If it's a repo check keys, cards, etc.

4. Where are these auctions? Always fancied a go at these

Can anyone recommend any?

5. Don’t forget there are fees to add to the final figures accepted.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Biggest thing to sort out is the auction house’s buyer’s premium (+VAT) on the hammer price. I have seen crazy premiums add 25% (incl VAT) to the hammer price.
    As Bradders said, you need to know what the auction includes with the bike in case you have to budget for keys.
    Decide how much you are prepared to pay, including the buyer’s premium and if someone bids higher, WALK AWAY ! Getting caught up in the moment, aka auction fever can be expensive. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Not too many of them available anymore, last of the twin homologation specials. I don't think you will ever see one for £17k. Seen one with delivery miles advertised for £30k.

I'm starting to regret selling mine

8. Thanks everyone. The bike comes with 2 keys. The auction house charges 12.5% incl tax. It is an "online only" auction by a large firm who usually just clear cars and they only have 1 other bike to auction off.

Rep has told me to expect auction to last 30 secs to one minute depending on interest. That kind of pressure has me wearing the brown trousers already!!.

9. Just popped into my mind, payment. What does the auction house accept as payment ? £20k ish is a lot of money to move without incurring further costs. Andy

10. They accept cash or bank cheque. 10% straight after auction, balance the next business day.

11. I could be tempted to take 40 gazillion for mine. :innocent: 900 miles and mintier than an After Eight. :)

@Exige has one stuck behind his couch you know, but not many people know, as he doesn't speak about it. :eyes:

*Bite the bullet and buy one now, even if they have went up a little. You'll struggle to get one in a few years and they may go the way of many others price wise. It may seem a lot, but things like 998R's are already fetching more and I know what I'd rather have.

Pic opportunity.

IMG_6471.JPG

#11 Robarano, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. I should have bought that one from ducati Aylesbury!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Actually I do think I have one of those tucked away somewhere :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Pani R's - mine's good at pulling birds, albeit dead ones.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  15. You want to tell us where auction is? I’m sure no one from Forum would scupper yr purchase. Besides someone may spot something you have overlooked.
    Just a thought.

16. That is totally fair. I'll post it up Friday afternoon :yum

17. Mind you with wheel decals like that,it will have to be heavily discounted;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Auction houses should not be accepting cash sums over £10k. Strange how money laundering rules don't appear to be enforced on those with lots of cash.

19. BCA don’t take over 8k

20. A2BA4837-162B-4268-8106-394BA79521A2.jpeg
    I did :blush:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information