1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prince Philip Quotes......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by El Toro, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Talking about his equestrian-inclined daughter, Princess Anne: “If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested.”

Your turn......:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. . "I would like to go to Russia very much, although the bastards murdered half my family"

• Like Like x 1
  3. How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" Philip asked a driving instructor on a trip to Scotland in 1995

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut." The Duke thought it wise to rein in the aspirations of one 13-year-old boy on a visit to the Nova space craft in Manchester in 2001.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Kenya's independence ceremony in 1963 when Prince Philip represented Britain. As the Union Jack was about to be hauled down, he turned to Kenyan independence leader Jomo Kenyatta and asked:"Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. The most famous of all....
    On a trip to China in the 1980s, he warned British students: "You'll get slitty eyes if you stay too long."

7. On a visit to Canada in 1969........."I declare this thing open, whatever it is."

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. On arriving for a tour of Australia with the Queen Prince Philip was asked by a slightly over-zealous immigration officer whether or not he had a criminal record.

"I didn't know it was still a requirement" he replied

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  9. i thought the bloke was hilarious, RIP...

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'll bet there is much that has never been repeated even by journalists. For instance, if the Queen expressed her concern about Abu Hamza being at large in London, while he still was, I wonder how Prince Philip would have put it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-19712593

11. 2009: "There's a lot of your family in tonight." After looking at the name badge of businessman Atul Patel at a Palace reception for British Indians.

12. “Pay attention because your about to witness the worlds most experienced plaque unveiler at work”

• Like Like x 1
  13. After being told that Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme in 2002, the Duke of Edinburgh asked: "Are we going to need earplugs?"

• Like Like x 1
  14. When being questioned on when the Prince of Wales would succeed to the throne: "Are you asking me if the Queen is going to die?"

15. At a WWF meeting.
    If it swims and is not a submarine,
    Flies and is not a plane
    Moves on land and is not a car,
    The Cantonese will eat it.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information