1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private Registration - Where To Sell?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by damodici, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Due to an impending house move I've decided to let my lovely 2002 R1 go

I say 'I've decided' which isn't technically true, but the Mrs wants a kitchen wall knocked through in the new house to open it up, and as I've not got to fund an entire new kitchen I've met her half way and told her that the Superduke at least is off limits but the R1 can go :punch::punch::eyes:

Anyway, the R1 has been holding a private reg whilst it's been sorn so I've applied via the dvla this morning to put that on retention, when that paperwork comes through I'm then wondering where the best place is to list it for sale?

Had a look at a lot of sites but many look a bit pants, I'd rather take advice from someone who's sold plates on before.

And no I'm not necessarily looking to hold out for the full valuation, it's more about who or where I list it with.

2. Very much depends on if the plate is associated with anything - my BL51BUB plate would be advertised on a Devil Worshiping Site, My S111EXG would be on Seloc Lotus Forum. My GN08 OFF plate perhaps on here o_O

3. Well I guess it could be R1 specific, or Rik for those of that name, I guess that's why I wouldn't just pop it on an R1 forum as it's got a normal name / nickname association

4. Put it on Ebay listed under Motorcycles Yamaha R1 until Ebay spot it and move it (Mmmm, is that El T's full time job I wonder) :thinkingface: if so it won't last long o_O

• Like Like x 1
  5. Where would you advertise some brand new genuine vivaro mudlaps I cant be bothered to fit?

6. Fook knows - what do they do? If you're at a loss you could fit them to mine if that would instil a lil action in yer olde bones :thinkingface:

7. ha ha, i may as well fit them to my own, saying that, you are only preserving your van for the next owner, like keeping our bikes mint. Next owner benefits, and we dont use them enough! damn ocds.......
    on a side note, do you ever get random heavy steering, radio turns itself on and off, electric window switches erratically dont work? (van obviously) did I say I had a new turbo and intercooler? oh and a new doosel tank all under warranty. There is a recall on the tanks, they werent made thick enough :joy:
    Suppose it has done 8000 miles.
    Talk about a thread jack................................

8. Had the tank recall done in April (wasn't informed by the dealer though) - now it's dripping on my drive :splat: no other issues apart from it's on it's 3rd pair of rear shocks in 25000 miles / 20 months... only had a bike in it about 5 times, empty other than that.

9. i wasnt informed by dealer either. Muppets. Im not getting another Vivaro. Transit M-sport would be nice!

10. Worse - Turkish quality :thinkingface: like mine lots - getting 50+ Ave to the gallon too...

11. i get 37 driving like an old man :astonished:

12. With a club foot? :eek: I can get over 55mpg easily but total ave is just over 50 :innocent:

13. You must do long journeys? I think your biturbo v's my single makes a few mpg too

14. Usually just the round trip to work of 66 Miles and a couple of short runs in York on a weekend...

15. i only do 10 miles a day lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information