1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pro Bolt Gone Into Administration

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by cookster, Mar 5, 2020.

1. I didn't see that coming!! :(

IMG-20200305-WA0000.jpg

2. that's bloody sad news, makes you feel like you've lost a relative..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Read it carefully. They will continue under new leadership.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I ordered bolts after Christmas and wondered why the website was all wanky kept diverting me to a hardware place but selling all pro-bolt branded gear , they are still running under a different guise ?? I wonder was her name change the start of there problems and ultimate disposal of the business ?

5. That's what the article infers :thinkingface:

6. Looks like it's a "slash and burn" of debts situation

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. yea, a money grubbing relative... bought a few bits offa em before i realised they where taking the piss on prices... that said, i dont like to see any business go under and hope any staff are not too fucked by this... sounds like it might just be a tax dodge though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I'd say his misses filed for divorce and wanted her share of the business but it wasn't in a position to buy her out ! Or maybe I,m a suspicious fucker

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Pre pack administration. Wonder if her name change forced someone’s hand. Now be haggling with financiers no doubt.

10. sorry to hear mate, haven't used for a while, that wasn't my experience from earlier times.

11. good shout...

12. you're not alone, was my first thought also.

13. I bought my business unit in 2003 and me and my wife have a couple of properties between us so thought it would be business as usual ! My bank refused to mortgage the factory in her name as if she ever divorced me she could sink the business that was paying the mortgage by liquidation of the asset it was a very cold few weeks for the little skitz o_O

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. they were onto a winner selling bike specific stainless/ali/ti bolts and bits but if you shopped around, they were well expensive... at least in the time that i have been in the market for these things... im not saying they are/were dodgy by any stretch though, just a lot more pricey than others...

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Got told that at the bike show.

16. New company on the block now, supplying fasteners, not sure if i should say their name yet.

17. at the time I bought from them there wasn't anything comparable in as low batches at those prices and I feel sure that's how they became successful. You could always get stuff from China but the same quality/consistency wasn't there.I can't speak for above but it often goes that way/people get greedy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Probolt (2020) limited? ;)

19. ProBolt Fasteners Ltd :eyes:

20. or ProBolt Fasteners (Gloucester*) Ltd

* insert any area you like to differentiate from the problem company

Do Not Sell My Personal Information