1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Pro Grips - They Make A Massive Difference.

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Heedful, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Really surprised such an easy and inexpensive mod is so noticeable; much more comfy and soft, where the dual layer really does fit the bill.

Progrip Pro Grip 717 SBK - same ones as on the Speciale.

2. 100000%

They did on my 12 as well

3. That’s good news, spent 2 and a half hours on a V4s today and one of the few negetives for me was the small diameter handle bars/grips. When you’ve got glove size 12 hands, it’s a real pain. Andy

4. After installing the throttle spacers, I felt as if the vibes were going straight through the grips to my hands, once the play was removed. Add that to the fact the OEM ones are super hard and after riding for more than 45mins I didnt like it at all.

Taking it out to Boxhill tomorrow for a long blast so we'll see, but they feel great.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I found grip puppies worked great on my 899

6. I liked the Pro grips but found they don't last very long and get shabby very quickly. I've got Domino grips now that work just as well but seem to have a longer life span.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. That's useful to know. I'll see how they go, but for the softness that would certainly explain the lack of longevity.

8. Yeah I agree I've had them on all my bikes. Such a good mod for 12 quid or something. The bits you touch make a huge difference like the seat, levers, footpegs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I do like the pro grips but they only seem to last a few months before they start to rip on the clutch side

10. For those wearing them out, they do them in different compounds. For the sake of £12 I’m happy to just replace them, but you can go for the harder wearing ones if you want.

11. I had these pro grips fitted but i found them too thick, For a soft grip i opted for Renthal but didn't like the colour. Finally i went for the Domino MOTO GP grips in black and red.

For anyone who prefers a thinner grip but would like the grip of these try the dominos

Do Not Sell My Personal Information