1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

996 Probably The Most Beautiful Looking Bike In The World

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by peter mcgrail, Jun 22, 2019.

?
  1. great bike

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  2. stunning work of Art

17 vote(s)
    73.9%
  1. The Ducati 996, was it conceived as a motorcycle or an instrument of torture?
    At anything below 60mph on a public road, you just want to park this bike up and walk home regardless of distance, its nothing to do with fitness or age, you must have to be a masochist if you enjoy riding one of these at any speed below the speed i have put above,
    my first experience riding a 996 left me feeling like the king of the road, with a small thought in my head saying it must be me!! I'll get used to it" who was I trying to kid lol"
    Conclusion without this turning into a book!
    the Italians may of lost the war but by God, they got their revenge when they introduced the 996 to be ridden on the streets .
    Italy1 rest of the world Nill

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. It's a throughbred race bike with the looks of a 1980's supermodel and has the soundbite exhaust note/words Do You Want To Come Back To My Place attitude:upyeah:............just love these bikes all day long,no pain no gain.:upyeah:

• Love You Love You x 2
  3. The 916 came first, the 999 was better looking as a race bike and more successful - the 996 was a mid term fill in bike :eyes:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Wha? :eyes:

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. I am 185cm and 100kg and have no problems using my 748 as a commuter bike. I find it a pleasure to ride at any speed and conditions. I'm also 57 years old and see myself keeping this bike for at least another 15 years.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. The 996R a fill in bike: unamused:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. The 996R was the first 998 :motorcycleduc::yum (and learn to quote) :eyes:

9. ;) index.jpg ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. Taller than Exige i see;),,,addictive aren't they:motorcycleduc::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hang on, I'll Google it :thinkingface:

12. Nope, shorter and fatter :blush:

13. ^^^^^^^^^^^But on the plus side very adorable just like those puppies:p

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I also use my 748 very regularly for town - country commute through the drier months. As an 11 stone, 5'10" 57 year old I intend driving it as long as I am able as it is like putting on the best fitting glove I ever had. One thing I can't do however is get straight on it in the spring and expect to be able to drive it properly, it takes me about 4 weeks or at least 500 miles to get bike fit - this is conditioning upper arms, shoulders, neck and most importantly core strength to suit the bike. The bike needs a lot of input and to be able to use it comfortably you must drive it regularly. If used as a one sunday a summer month bike it would be a complete waste and I would never "get it"
    The bike was conceived as a 916/748

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Exactly.
    I had a 748 for about 12 years. When I first got it I rode it regularly at every opportunity and every time I went out it was sublime. But then for various reasons I could not get out on it as much and then it felt like hard work. This is one of the reasons I decided to sell. Not one of my best life decisions:(

16. 66 years old and love my 748, as mentioned the first ride of the year finds a few week muscles but it's well worth it, I'd rather ride the bike than lay Paving slabs!! Both make me ach a little.
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steve,is yours red or yellow:thinkingface:

18. Fortunately it's the faster colour.
    DSC_0229.JPG
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Is that a dingy on the back

Do Not Sell My Personal Information