1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem With Led Tail Light

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 748col, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Can anyone help! I fitted to my 2002 748e led integrated tail light and indicators the problem is when the indicators are on if I turn the lights on the indicators are barely visible?:sob::weary_face:

2. Don't turn lights on... youre welcome....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. I'm not a expert on electrics but that is odd, hopefully someone can help out.

4. New member just thought he could do with some help and maybe some attention:upyeah:.

5. If it’s one of the cheap integrated lights that’s as good as some of them get - also MOT failure so you’ll have to change it back
    And welcome to forum - pics of bike always nice

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I’m sure someone who knows about these things will be along in a bit.

@748col why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too? :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. 9X6K6uMW.jpeg

1RDd3X3a.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Welcome to the Forum :upyeah:

Where did you get the light from?

Sounds to me like a resistance issue. Simplistically, LEDs use much less electricity than regular bulbs for the same brightness. The bike’s electrical system carries a fixed amount of electricity, the excess for the LED bulbs needs to be ‘soaked’ up so resistors are fitted inline with the LED. Get the resistance wrong and you’ll get dimming as not enough electricity flows to the bulb(s). A lot of cheap Chinese ones have this issue. Plus iirc the light unit needs to be CE marked and approved for use in the EU & UK. This is why there is a big anomaly in price between CE marked LED light units that will work and cheap Chinese ones that may or may not work.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information