1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Problem With Throttle

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Comandantu, May 9, 2019.

1. Hello from Spain!

Last October i bought a Ducati 1199 Panigale S with only 5K miles here in Spain. I was like a dream come true for me, because i have driving license only for this bike.

But the dream becomes into a nightmare two months ago...

While i was driving to home, the bike started without any control of the throttle between 2000rpm and 5000rpm. The throttle was unstable. I bought the bike in an authorised leader here in Madrid and right now i have warranty. The authorised garage told me that the horizontal spark was damage and that was the cause of my unstable throttle. They changed and re map the bike. A week later...the same problem.

Two weeks ago, they changed the spark plug wire of the horizontal cilinder because they said maybe that was the problem...but still have the same problem. Yesterday, the garage tested the bike and they told me that without the fairings the bike runs perfect, but when they puts the fairings into the bike the problem appears again. They don't know that is the problem and they are asking to Ducati Italia because maybe it could be possible that the quickshifter do this failure or there is a electrical problem when they put the fairing.

The bike only have 6K miles and i'm trying to understand this problem and if you know any case like that. In Spain nobody have any problem like that.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Do Not Sell My Personal Information