1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems With My Diavel :(

Discussion in 'Diavel & XDiavel' started by Lel Howard, Aug 16, 2018.

1. So, took my bike out last weekend for an hour. On way there and back it wasn’t happy cruising at 3000 rpm but other than that was fine.

At end of journey red light warning came on saying pressure sensor!

Then it went off then back on and stayed on.

Last mile it ran really rough.

Just changed both air pressure sensors and no warning light but still runs rough :(

If I hold throttle at about 24000 rpm the engine revs actually fluctuate between 2400 and 3000 rpm.

Also, it tries to tick over at 1000rpm but if left alone at that it cuts out within a few seconds

Miles away from closest Ducati so not sure what to do now :(

2. My neighbour asked if I need to run it down the road to recalibrate?.... never thought if that but seems a long shot... anyone know?

3. My brother had this, its the sensors under the tank I think, there's two of them called MAF or air pressure sensors I think ?? Very easy to change if its that, we did it in an hour or so

4. They are the two I just replaced :(

5. They usually run rough to begin with. A reset thru software speeds the process up, but not having the diagnostics isn’t the end of the world.
    Start the bike from cold, and let it warm up to 80 degrees or so. Turn it off and leave it be for four or five minutes. The ecu will calibrate itself and write the new trim values. It will probably get better after a few rides to.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ahh, soz I didn't see that, did you add that in OP ? Sure i just read that it was running rough ??

7. Will have another go tomorrow..... fingers crossed

8. No, you just missed it ;) I do that all the time :)

9. Odd, this morning seemed better then worse then better then worse....

Ran 2 Miles, stopped for 10 mins then ran 3-4 Miles towards end of which was very rough.

But then after it cut out I restarted it and it ticked over smoothly.

Don’t think it’s going to run right :(

Do Not Sell My Personal Information