1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Triumph Te-1

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by CRYSTALJOHN, Mar 26, 2021.

1. #1 CRYSTALJOHN, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. It’s coming at us, no doubt.

3. Vapourware until they tell us the range, charge time and method/infrastructure.

4. I hope so, 180bhp from 10kg engine. Google estimates a current one is 66Kg+

Lighter is definitely better.

#4 Jez900ie, Mar 26, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  5. Don’t forget the batteries weigh a ton though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. There is a similar video on 44teeth. Triumph are claiming a realistic range of......well I don’t think they have a distance but a run time of 90mins and a 0 to 80% charge in under 20mins, although I presume that’s from a rapid charge unit (if you can find one)?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. The bike is 220kgs ready to ride

8. They recon it will be ready late ‘21 at a price the consumer will be willing to pay, guess that depends on how deep the pockets were of the consumers they asked?

9. Not slimline then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Does it come with spokey dokeys so you can hear it coming?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Didn't the Williams guy say the new ones would be lighter?

12. Oh...

13. Chip Wrap (MCN) says belt drive and 120 mile range!!!!

14. 8kg more than a speed trip so not exactly lardy?

15. Just need an extra long extension cable.
    Ffs.
    It Is Not Exciting.
    The death throws of real motorcycles, Termi exhausts and hedonism.
    You heard it here first.
    We have lived through halcyon days.:sob:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I expect the propeller aeroplane guys said that and the steam engine drivers, horse riders... Maybe people who used Bakelite 'phones too -except everytime (almost) the new thing been twice as good as what came before!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Probably.

So would you rather have an electric motorcycle or a Ducati with a petrol engine? Because regardless of performance, something about a 1200cc Ducati with Termi pipes is going to be hard to replace.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lets see and decide when the new bikes are really here and available, and if they.re twice as good in every respect except the sound of the exhaust, I'm probably going to say yes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Keep hold of your current motorcycle. Think future prices for classics that are at the pinnacle of their design at the time.
    In the 80's I remember cutting up a 350 Yamaha two stroke twin to make a composite triumph sidecar (yes really!) at the time a 12 year old two stroke yamaha was scrap value. Go further back and look at Vincents and Broughs. Petrol will be available well beyond 2050 imo.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information