1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protecting Rear Indicators On 1100s

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by number9, Jul 28, 2022.

1. I have a 2008 1100S with the fairly uncommon Termi 2-into-1 exhaust. Because of the exhaust routing, the OEM turn signals have to be moved from under the tail to basically (actually, literally) the side of the brake light. This means they are quite exposed: I have managed to break two of them in a few months. I assume I'm accidentally kicking them when getting on/off the bike.

As far as I can tell (I didn't buy the bike new) they come with a special bracket, which is mounted under the taillight, and this is how everything looks when assembled:

IMG_4020.JPG

Does anyone know how I can protect these from damage? As I said, they are quite exposed and (because they're flimsy) very easy to break. If you have a Termi 2-into-1 exhaust and a different turn signal setup, I'd love to see it!

2. Hi there,
    I can remember fitting these back in the day, from what I recall the standard indicators had a soft rubber mount that meant they were quite resilient wheras most aftermarket indicators came with a solid stalk which would snap off as soon as you looked at them!

3. I *think* these are the OEM indicators. I need to replace them, obviously, so I ordered genuine ones from Ducati to put on there. I'll let you know how they look!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think with that set up your always going to have issues with the oem size indicators. Totally understand if you want to keep original as possible but they’re rather large and stick out. I’ve got a similar set up but fabricated some brackets slightly more inboard and used some small led indicators. You really couldn’t get them tucked in anymore than they are to be honest but I have still managed to catch them getting on and off a few times. Gladly there very soft and spring back so no dramas

0E2E3EA0-08B0-4264-8E5F-D14C0DCAE193.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information