1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protective, Waterproof Boots

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Freerange_egg, Sep 29, 2020.

1. With a little life left in my boots, but only a little, I’m wondered about replacements. What’s your experience with Alpinestars versus Dainese boots? My feet (as body parts go, they are very articulate) have told me that they like excellent protection, alongside waterproofiness and a sole that won't wear out from going walkabout.
    • Dainese Sport-Master Gore-Tex: not leather, unfortunately. But they are specifically designed to go inside trousers. How do Dainese boots compare to Astars?
    • Alpinestars SMX Gore-Tex thingies (SMX V2 Drystar or SMX Plus V2 Gore-Tex): my outgoing boots, generally excellent, but the new version isn’t leather anymore. A minor faff to get under my trousers. And I’m doubtful that “microfibre” is as good as leather.
    Talk to me about boots, but try not to get me too excited :grinning:

2. I bought a pair of these about a 2 or so years ago(do an internet search you can find them cheaper) and they are brilliant, well comfortable from the moment you put them on i've done plenty of walking in them(race events etc) with minimal wear and there gore-tex and they fit nice under trousers:upyeah:.
    https://www.dainese.com/gb/en/motorbike/boots/solarys-gore-tex®-boots-201795218.html?dwvar_201795218_color=BLACK&cgid=motorbike-boots#start=1

#2 WAYNE, Sep 29, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 3
  3. Totector wellies

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Always rated TCX boots

5. Daytona all day long. Andy

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. My size as well, sold!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. They're a bit Cafe or retro but if you're OK with that, Stylmartin Rockets are light, protective, comfortable and waterproof (well, as waterproof as any boot is).

• Like Like x 1
  8. I've got a pair of those, brilliant boots, i got mine in brown and then about 3 months later they decided to do them in black as well(i would of prefered black) bloody Italians, but saying that i like them in the sort of antique brown now.:upyeah:

9. Ha! I have the Brown ones too. I refer to the colour as Guinness Sh*t Brown!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ÆààAÀaàà¹3q2⅛

11. I have a pair of Alpinestars that are waterproof.

Well I say waterproof as they certainly don’t let water in through the material of the boot.........however.....the last time I went up to Scotland it pissed down that hard that the water just gets in via the top of the boot and and then at the end of the day I was pouring pints of water out of them.

Waterproof my arse!

12. Water will always fill a boot if the leathers/pants are tucked into the boot.. in extremis, best to unzip the bottom of the pants and pull them out over the boot if you have no waterproofs with you - a zip tie or two can keep them folded around the boot to avoid mishaps..

13. You tell me that now...........where were you when I was riding around Scotland?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. As per Andy's advice in post 7, Daytona. Dry, warm and comfortable. :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Daytona, simples

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. Sealskinz - brilliant for when your riding through a river on a Belgium motorway

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information