1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Puncture..... From Road Resurfacing

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by MikeM93, Aug 1, 2020.

1. So went a run to.test new pads and Oberon clutch slave cylinder. Amazing run. Great weather. And a puncture from the crappy gravel they're laying near moffat . 3 miles of that crap crushed shell like gravel. I stopped for a cake and got back on the bike to a flat rear tyre. Needing replaced after a lot of motorway miles anyway so new road 5s rear ordered. Anyone ever got a puncture from that gravel crap?

2. Nope

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Yes. In the south of France. On a knackered rear D207RR. I’d already ordered new tyres at the local bike shop, so just had the bike recovered there and playtime was resumed.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nope. Over last 4 weeks it seems most of Norfolk’s B roads are getting the lethal top dressing surface treatment,
    Hit one patch and the stones were about 20mm!!! Nearly ripped my c/f front mudguard off the Pani. As stones got jammed in between the tyre and c/f. Made a horrible noise.

• Like Like x 1

5. Maybe that's my issue. Tread was getting thin and near replacement anyway.

6. That gravel is on a few good roads here in the north east.
    Why in this day and age they pile mounds of that stuff inches thick on roads is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Because it’s far cheaper than re tarmac.

8. I agree, I had a slide on loose resurfacing dressing coming out of Reepham last week, plus my mates Buell in front flung up a loose stone which hit my helmet a bid whack , funny thing was, we were only discussing wearing open face helmets in hot weather a few minutes before!

9. Yes.
    When using pilot road 4.
    Two rears within a year.
    Why I stopped using road 4s.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I complained Years back when the council did exactly this to a popular route.

I nearly stacked my panigale on it and wrote them a letter. The road was re done (properly) within the week

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yep very expensive Pirelli around 500 miles hold, stone went in to it like an arrow head

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information