1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pushrod And Barrel For Brembo 10950057 Clutch Lever

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Speedy23, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Well the fun continues with my new-to-me 900SS....

After reasonably successful (!) clutch replacement, decided to bleed the system. Amazingly, nothing went wrong and clutch was bled through with new fluid inside of 15 minutes.

After fitting the new plates and basket, clutch action needed a little adjustment....decided that the threaded lever adjuster needed turning in just a smidge.

On trying to adjust the pushrod that lurks in the bowels of the clutch lever, found it was seized solid. Yes, I was aware of the tiny hex grub screw that lives in the bottom of the barrel through which the adjuster is threaded.

This was very tight, but judicious application of heat, torque and penetrating fluid managed to free it without damaging it.

But the adjuster was still immovable. I think it's seized in the barrel. Not wanting to render the assembly U/S, I wound my neck in and retreated. I don't think it's gonna come out without being cut up.

Reading around, this seems to be a not uncommon problem. I've found couple of suppliers that claim to offer a replacement assembly, but the pictures provided seem to show a much shorter pushrod than the OEM version. To compound the situation, a lot of new levers seem to be supplied without this assembly.

Does anyone know of a source of new OEM ones, or at least a pattern component that will fit my lever?

Once again, thank you for your help.

S23

2. I have bought from these historically. Powerhouse Automotive (UK) Ltd. supplied rear master cylinder, calliper seals etc for Brembo brakes. Www.powerhouse.uk. 01246 260665. If they do not have they may know who does.

3. Sadly, not any more, but thanks for the info.

Having said that, how hard could it be to find an engineer who could knock one up out of a bit of brass stock? If my enquires bear no fruit, that will be my next port of call.....do you think anyone else might be interested?

4. This sounds like the design on my Guzzi. The pushrod with the threaded section and a visible flat for a screwdriver. The grub screw just locks it in place when you've got the adjustment right but Brembo are taunting you because they glue it in position!
    I took the lever off and carefully chipped the glue away until I could get it moving.

Once out of the way it threads in and out very easily. I cleaned it up and refitted with some loctite and a new grub screw (easily purchased from a modelling supplier)

It's worth doing as you can take up a load of slack where the clutch isn't being actuated at all (dependent on clutch design obviously). It gave my clutch a much better feel when otherwise the only adjustment was reach.

5. Might be worth trying "DucatiPaddy" (http://www.ducatipaddy.com/) - he's helped me out with brake bits for my SP3.

6. DP didn't have one but this from AP fits a treat...
    https://www.apworkshops.co.uk/aprilia-performance-clutch-lever-push-rod-rsv-98-0.html

Only thing I had to do with it is to grind the grub screw down to about 60% of its original length as it fouled the master cylinder casting.

Removed the old one by drilling it out (using the grub screw hole as a pilot) at slow speed with a pillar drill.
    But as I said, works a treat. Only minor issue is that it's steel not brass....still, better than having to buy a whole new lever!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information