1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Px'd My 899

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Sambighair, Nov 19, 2017.

1. When I bought it , it had 600 miles on it with the first device done so the bloke who bought it new took the depreciation hit. I've had it 2 years and loved it ( still love there @Cream_Revenge ) but it was never a 'forever bike, if there is such a thing!
    What with the new v4's and fe's i can only see the value of the baby pani and any none S /R varients for that matter plummeting further, so i px'd it with something of similar value(ish) whilst they still were similar.
    I take delivery of a 1198s next week......i also managed to get a 851 in on the deal for a slight cash adjustment .
    Ill post pics when they arrive!!

#1 Sambighair, Nov 19, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 12
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Wow thats a bit of a change!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Congratulations that man!

Don't think you'll go far wrong there :upyeah:

1198's are brutal, seems like values have just started moving too after being stagnant for 18-24m

I'll look forward to seeing the picks ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. 851 FTW!

Am sure that the 1198s is very nice too, but really looking forward to pics of the 851. :)

5. Yeah im super Happy! The deal was there and made sense to make it happen!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sweet, an 851 / 888 is still very much on the to-do list. Enjoy it dude!

• Like Like x 1
  7. I will have a few 899 bits in the for sale section soon so keep checking if you want any DP parts.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nice one Sam..........from Manchester?

9. Yep. The 1198s had not long been in and the 851 was lovely but over priced, we hashed out a deal last week. I still played a bit more than I would have liked for the 851 but as mentioned in a thread in here awhile back.....where are ya gonna find a one owner/low mile/ full service history'd bike that has literally just had the full belts and gap check and mot?
    Also the 1198 has obsessive history and although belts were done 12 months back its having a full service before I get it, the only advisory on the mot was brake pads close to limit, so they are being done too.

10. Thanks for the feature @Rob :upyeah:

11. That happens automatically when the initial post gets six likes ;)

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Cool! Everyday is a school day!

13. Nice one! I still love my 1098S and even though the Pani is good no one will ever tell me newer bike is better! The 851 is beautiful. You'll be needing a bigger garage soon!;)

14. I know!! I might have start bringing them inside like you! ;):p

• Like Like x 1
  15. Exactly. I've never been tempted to trade the 1098 for the newer bike. I'll buy one some day, but the 1098 will stay with me when I do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes mines a keeper, I'd only ever swap it for an R. They are true riders bikes, scary and exciting at the same time and definitely very rewarding. Something I think has been lost with the newer bikes. The quest for ever increasing power figures dumbs the experience when you have to rely on all of the rider aids just to keep it under control and you alive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Miss my 848 badly, what a bike that was, absolutely enough on the road in fact much more than enough I reckon a deal involving my rvf might happen for a 848 if I feel I can ride the duke safely, the 848 1098 1198 family is beautiful who knows maybe the slightly lower 1098 1198 might be of interest...I miss ducati

18. Looking for a VFR or RVF 400 for Mrs Fire in the Spring, budget sub-£5k so if that's you then don't be a stranger.

Cheers!

Also, where are the pictures of this 851?...

19. Kind of you, I would advise buying one in winter I keep my eye on them and prices are a dam sight more sensible but come spring they rise...rvf is expensive but vfr are heading north too I'd act asap, grey bike forum is a good place to look for advice, my rvf now would be 5k asking price but spring it would be more but I would say mine is a high end bike.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information